From taffi Fisher on FB

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many friends ask me, "What can I do to help?" so, I am going to repost this so it is on top.

DEADLINE IS FRIDAY.

FIRST and most crucial BY THIS FRIDAY, go to Environment Petition: NOAA and the US Senate: Stop the abuse of NOAA and the Monitor National Marine Sanctuary (MNMS) | Change.org fill in the necessary blanks and sign the petition.

NEXT

If you live in Florida, go to U.S. Senate: Senators Home and click on the U.S. Senator of your party;

If you live outside of Florida, go to U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Type in the name of your state in the appropriate box and click on the U.S. Senator of your party;
Fill in whatever you blanks you have to in order to contact you U.S. Senator and choose or type in NATIONAL SECURITY as your subject and give them a message similar to mine.

Here was my message, feel free to copy and paste.

Dear Senator,
For three decades, the United States has declined to sign on to a U.N. treaty that would give unprecedented taxing and permitting authority over activity on international waters to a U.N.-created agency. But the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea has been making its way through committee in the Senate, and a vote could come up before the end of the year. One National security analyst, Frank Gaffney, warns that signing the treaty would cede a significant portion of American sovereignty to an international body that is not electorally accountable to U.S. citizens. “Suddenly, there isn’t a part of our society, our economy, our industrial capacity that isn’t going to be at the mercy of people who are completely unaccountable to us,” Gaffney told The Daily Caller’s Ginni Thomas. “This is a question of sovereignty.” If you would like to learn more, please visit this link:
National security expert: Law of the Sea treaty a ‘question of sovereignty’ [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller
There are now 27 Republican senators who have already agreed to sign a letter to say they will NOT support this treaty and we need 7 more to make sure that this treaty does not get ratified. I am asking you to be one of them, if you are not already. Please do NOT support the “Law of the Sea Treaty” and in fact, please officially protest against it in writing. If you have not decided on this issue, before you do, PLEASE actually READ this treaty, you will find that it will not be in the interest of the U.S. Navy or the American people. This treaty is being sneakily pushed through by special interests at a time when due to other more seemingly pressing issues; it will not be subjected to the type of public debate it deserves. Please let me know where you stand on this.

[h=6]Today;s the Day! We must protest this, Let your representatives know about this abusive plan (See Below) and ask them to put a stop to ANY NEW SANCTUARIES or EXPANDING BOUNDRIES of current Sanctuaries!

I just finished reviewing the 212 page Revised Management Plan for the Monitor National Marine Sanctuary written by NOAA (released April 2012)– Here is one direct quote from the plan.

"MNMS regulations prohibit anchoring, stopping and drifting within the sanctuary......."

And now my personal views….
This is outrageous. Your boat could be confiscated and you could be grossly fined if you merely stop your boat and drift, anywhere within the new boundaries of the VERY enlarged sanctuary.

The existing current Monitor NMS is 1 square mile and the budget for one year FY2010 was $47.4 million. The last five years budget for MNMS from NOAA alone was approximately 250 MILLION $
Yet the new 5 year plan is only an 11.2 Million dollar budget. This does not equate!

The plan never actually defines the new "Proposed Boundaries"; however they put in a map suggesting a red outline titled the “Graveyard of the Atlantic” which encompasses about 13,000 Square Miles. That’s 13,000 times the current area to manage on a budget that is 25% of the previous year’s budget that was used to manage ONE SQUARE MILE! HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MINDS? WHO IS DOING THEIR MATH?[/h]

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Leeholl

Jun 22, 2012
Reading
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Done and done.
Been following you chaps adventures for about a year now, long may you all continue.
Maybe, just maybe one day i too will dive one of the wrecks i've been reading so much about.
"note to self" Learn to dive.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DONE AND DONE!!!!!! thank you fisheye and thank you taffi!!!!!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any updates here?

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Wake up.gif
Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site: Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: Contact Bill

Dear Mr. Freeman:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea. I appreciate your concerns about this treaty's impact on our country.

The Law of the Sea Treaty establishes a comprehensive set of rules governing the oceans. It defines the rights and responsibilities of nations in their use of the world's oceans, establishing guidelines for businesses, the environment, and the management of marine natural resources.

As you may know, Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush supported ratifying the treaty after provisions protecting seabed mining were added in 1994. Over 160 countries have now ratified the treaty.

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee is responsible for debating U.S. ratification of this treaty. I am not a member of this committee, but I will be sure to keep your views in mind if this treaty is considered by the full Senate. If you have any additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: eBriefs

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trembull,
i got that same e-mail from bill nelson!

i also got one from marco rubio that flat out said he was against the treaty and would do everything in his power to defeat it. if i still have the e-mail i will post it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread