SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Headed out with Mom and met up with Arty to walk some new fields weve been eyeballing in the vicinity of our Field of Legends. We stopped at one field that borders a large river and had high hopes but only pulled a few buttons. Did manage an 1840ish Large cent. Decided to try out another field near by and had even more luck with about 15 buttons and 3 more coppers. One is a KGII the other I could of swore I saw a shield outline on the back but its cooked. So its a possible NJ but who knows. The other was another 1840ish Us copper. We ended up late in the day at our old stand by field and still squeaked out some goodies. Found a smoothie of a barber dime which I thought was a spanish. An indian. A wheat. A few buttons and another copper that is noticeably larger than the other coppers. Not sure what it is but its definitely not a button and rang up mid 80s on the T2. Found my first pipe stem also. Kinda hard to pick them out when soy bean stalks are laying everywhere. Had a great time once again but 10 hours of hunting sure does take a toll. Total of 27 Buttons and 5 coppers was sure worth it though.Thanks for looking.
P3240150_zpsfce7e6fe.jpg

P3240151_zps1270a69b.jpg

P3240152_zpsd25cbf64.jpg

Upvote 4

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fruitful day. Congrats!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the picking went well:icon_thumright:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fields are hard on those coppers. Still fun to find!! CONGRATS.. HH

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've commented on many of your finds- GREAT stuff once again. If I may ask--(perhaps I missed this info) what kind of area is this? (not location) Did you do some research and find an old settlement? Just stumble on to it?
So many multiple finds- amazing! If you already answered the questions-my apology.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG again Jim! I agree the photo with the 5 coppers, the lower left one looks like it might be a shield of a NJ copper, but sure would like to see one letter or shield line to confirm. Drive down, I'll clean it for you! :)
Don

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys. GT these fields are all in an area of good history. Most have been researched and we usually only do fields that had houses in them in the early 1800s. Sometimes we get lucky and stumble onto some that werent on any maps and are super old. But basically its get on the field look for the brick, find the iron and enjoy.

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don the suspect NJ is actually on the bottom right. Its toasty though. I dont even think your skillful hand could save her :)

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
You did great! I think instead of South Jersey Jim we should call you CV (Copper Vaccum) for short:) Another great day of digging with you and Arty. Always so much fun!!!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like what I would call a "Great Day!":icon_thumright:. Most of my hunts are limited to four hours or less out here:BangHead:. Always have other things that are demanding my time:clock:.

Get Digging!
CARM

Last edited:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim , you and your group are putting the South Jersey diggers back on the T Net digger show . Dawggone proud to see what comes out of your Legendary Field Hunts :occasion14: slammin' finds bud ! Please , on behalf of your entire group , accept " The Chief Blackcloud Award of Approval " for enduring extreme conditions out in the SJ trenches recovering History on a weekly basis .

Above and Beyond tenacity !
Arty Facts is definitely an under rated seasoned th'er . 5 cent.jpg

Mike

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Jim.sweet recoveries.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Jim. The buttons and coppers sure are plentiful in SJ!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread