Ft. Snelling Hoard FOUND!!

deepsky48

Greenie
Sep 13, 2011
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Sorry but I thought I'd post this as it has already been found.
I was an Army Recruiter in Brooklyn Center, MN. in 1987 and was at that time a water searcher. I searched the Lakes of Harriet, Calhoun and Nokomis and really made out like a bandit...Silver coins (over 1000), Rings, Bracelets, Chains (over 1500) in a two year period.
Sometime in 1987 I was about to search for a $5000 hoard supposedly buried near a creek somewhere near the Old Soldiers Home at Ft. Snelling, by ...who else but...AN OLD SOLDIER. I never Got The CHANCE!!!
I read about 2 boys who were playing in a creek bed that was running just a trickle, near the OSH. One of them saw a cylinder sticking out of the bank and they removed it and took it home.
Dad saw it and they took it to Metal Detectors of Minneapolis where it was determined to be an Artillery Cannister..PLUGGED OFF.
They removed the plug and VOILA! Out spilled $5000 in silver and gold coin.
SO SORRY GUYS ... IT HAS BEEN FOUND!!
Clint

K

Kentucky Kache

That's a heartbreaker. But don't quit, there's more out there.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Thanks for posting this deepsky48. Just for curiosity's sake, how did you hear about the cache in the first place?

OP
OP
deepsky48

deepsky48

Greenie
Sep 13, 2011
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Tuberale, sorry for the delay in reply...was off the grid.
I read about it in 1981 in a book on treasure caches by that fellow that writes most of the ghost town type books (cannot remember his name), but when I was an Army recruiter in Minneapolis, I read about the discovery in the local paper. Verified it with the owner of Metal Detectors of Minneapolis.

Clint

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions