🥇 BANNER Fugio Cent

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been super busy this season so not much detecting. I was off work today since school for the kids start tomorrow I was taking them to the Liberty Science Center. I was getting gas last night and received a call from my local historical society with a lead on a 1700s home site. I could not get it out of my mind so before taking the kids out I stopped by the site and this was my only 1700s era find but I'll take it. Actually will go to the historical society for the town museum.

Enjoy

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441158964.570012.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441158995.585955.jpg

Sorry about the phone pictures. I just rinsed it off then put a little candle wax on it. I'm afraid to clean it but there is a lot of detail. The sundial side has everything very clear including the 1787 date. Not clear in picture

I ADDED MORE PICTURES IN TWO ADDITIONAL REPLIES.

NJ THer

Last edited:
Upvote 48

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find and all it took was a swing of the detector on a 1700's homestead! :occasion14:

Congratulations on making the BANNER too! :thumbsup:

Dave

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the banner votes. It only took me 9 years for my first banner find...lol. Hopefully it does not take another nine years for my next one.

Going to the historical society meeting tonight to present the coin and a few other finds from the site to the group. I'll have this awesome coin in my display case at home until the museum is completed which will still take at least a year but it will ultimately go where it belongs. Once this museum opens up my personal display will be cut in half because of donating all the local history items. I better get cracking at finding replacements.

Thanks again
NJ

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been super busy this season so not much detecting. I was off work today since school for the kids start tomorrow I was taking them to the Liberty Science Center. I was getting gas last night and received a call from my local historical society with a lead on a 1700s home site. I could not get it out of my mind so before taking the kids out I stopped by the site and this was my only 1700s era find but I'll take it. Actually will go to the historical society for the town museum.

Enjoy

Sorry about the phone pictures. I just rinsed it off then put a little candle wax on it. I'm afraid to clean it but there is a lot of detail. The sundial side has everything very clear including the 1787 date. Not clear in picture

I ADDED MORE PICTURES IN TWO ADDITIONAL REPLIES.

NJ THer

Incredible find!

Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A report saw this on the Historical Society's website and wrote an article:

Woodbridge man uncovers history

Enjoy
NJ

That article was very thoughtful and well-written, and you represented MDing exceptionally well. I respect your ethics and generosity, and just really enjoyed seeing the coin and your happy enthusiasm for the hobby, which comes across so clearly in the story. Very cool all around!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread