Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, Finally able to crack open some halves i managed to scrounge up in my area, looking for another jackpot...

Anyways im 4 rolls into 15 from the same bank, so far all 4 rolls are fresh, look uncirculated 2002 kennedys... I mean spotless, rims are perfect and all... I know I read anything after 2001 wasnt meant for circulation or something, and a website I found when googling the coins, say they are worth 2-3$ each?!?

2002 D Kennedy Half Dollar Value | CoinTrackers

Any help on if these are worth more than face, and to who?

I tried ebaying, and only found proofs(which honestly I still dont know exactly what that means) for about 4$ each

EDIT:

Just an update, they (15 rolls) are all 2002 great condition kennedy's... Curious what, if anything these are worth... some seemed a bit wider/thicker(looking down the rims) than the others...

Going to bed, HH all

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you can sell them for 60 or so cents each on eBay. The site "Cointrackers" is bad for coin values, especially for the non-silver ones.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd stick them on Ebay. Clad Ikes currently are selling for a premium higher than all of the expenses as one example. There are all kinds of shiny clad halves selling for a premium over face. You should be able to fit them in a $5.35 flat rate postal box.

Start the bidding at $175 + postage and you never know where it will go and only do a three day auction as people will only look at them when they begin and when they are about to end.

Plus you will save the expense of dumping.

If it doesn't sell you're not out anything since Ebay currently has free insertion fee for auction style listings.

Last edited:

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Sell by the roll on eBay. Much better.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright guys, Thanks for all the info!! Love this site, and the members of it :)

I guess ill try and sell them in 3 roll auctions or something... I hate having my CRH money tied up, but if I can make a few bucks, no harm done eh...

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell by the roll on eBay. Much better.

The problem with selling by the roll is that it will keep your money tied up for quite a while. Additionally, the postage charged cuts directly into your profit, so the more you can ship at one time the more profit you stand to make.

If we were talking silver halves, that would be a different story.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with selling by the roll is that it will keep your money tied up for quite a while. Additionally, the postage charged cuts directly into your profit, so the more you can ship at one time the more profit you stand to make.

If we were talking silver halves, that would be a different story.

This. Time = Money

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You might get a buyer on ebay since they seem almost uncirculated but they are easy to come by so don't expect too much of a profit. Ike dollars are harder to come by and people buy them not necessarily for their value but their novelty.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread