Fun card of old buttons for $5

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still hoping to dig a nice old button, but until I do, I have this card of buttons I picked up at a neighborhood garage sale. I suspect the Brooks Brothers livery buttons (silver tops) might be the best ones of the lot, but I am open to feedback.

In researching these buttons, I stumbled on this great website for livery buttons Livery Buttons Identified. It has a similar one id'ed as "Forbes," but I not sure that is the same (see bottom picture). Any thoughts on age for the Brooks Brothers ones? Is it boar's head or a wolf's head?

IMG_2800_edited-1.JPG
IMG_2802_edited-1.JPG
IMG_2800_edited-1.jpg

CaptureForbes.JPG

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still hoping to dig a nice old button, but until I do, I have this card of buttons I picked up at a neighborhood garage sale. I suspect the Brooks Brothers livery buttons (silver tops) might be the best ones of the lot, but I am open to feedback.

In researching these buttons, I stumbled on this great website for livery buttons Livery Buttons Identified. It has a similar one id'ed as "Forbes," but I not sure that is the same (see bottom picture). Any thoughts on age for the Brooks Brothers ones? Is it boar's head or a wolf's head?

View attachment 2027005 View attachment 2027006 View attachment 2027007
View attachment 2027008
That,s cool! Very nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread