FUNNY DAY AT THE BEACH

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went to Venice Beach. I got a late start and still got there by 11am. The beach doesn't look anything like it did all summer. No life guard stations and they have built a berm that has to be at least 20 feet high. Both sides of the pier have these berms. The low tide today was 3:30 pm.I started to grid on the north side of the pier. Working from the dry sand til I got to ankle deep. The tide was starting to go out. I managed a little over $4.00 in clad one foreign coin from Czech ( not even going to try and spell it) a costume toe ring and a stainless steel ring that really looked nice. I looked up, as I was walking out of the water, to see a film crew walking out onto the beach. You could see the grid marks I made as I drug my scoop on each return trip. They were kind of close to the pier and still setting up their gear. I got closer to them and keeping my head down I watched as a guy pitched some coins out in front of me.I never let on that I knew and just picked them up. Never said a word. Made another trip down to the water and when I turned around, they were playing frisby right in front of me. I'm an old stubborn guy and just walked through them. They moved. I made 3 more trips and as I was walking back up, a lady from the crew came up to me and ask if I could go somewhere else because they wanted to shoot where I was detecting. I looked at her and said Ya know I'm doing pretty good and I showed her the stainless steel ring. I didn't know at the time that the ring was stainless steel. Without blinking an eye she ask " If I gave you this gift certificate for $20 would you move?" I replied "so you want me to take the gift certificate and take a hike right? Yes was her answer. Before I took it I ask what time it was. She said 3PM. OMG I said as I took the money I gotta go home now.....I looked over my shoulder as I left the beach and she was shaking her head as she walked back. So basically I had a $24 day lol. HH GFP

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have said "Maybe you should of gotten up earlier!":laughing7:
Throwing coins in front you??? What a bunch of self absorbed losers!

You handled it way better than I would have!

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should have told her, "I'd have stopped detecting about an hour ago but one of your crew is making so much money, he's been throwing it in front of me".

As RG said, "a bunch of self absorbed losers".

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would have been hard for me not to pick the coins back up and throw them at him! Losers!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You definitely handled that well. Especially, the ending!

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why get irate over it, I have had many occasions where people sitting in their beach chairs would toss coins out in front of me to see if I would find them. Each and every time, I pick them up, smile and ask them to toss more.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stubborn old men get $20 gift certificates!!!!! and your detector didn't have to find it :hello2:

so funny and wild that story!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread