Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you!!! [emoji1] Wonder what it goes for [emoji23]

The bronze ones go for several thousand dollars.
The lack of info on Gorham making silver statues indicates to me that it may have been commissioned piece. meaning not mass produced, but made for special order.
I've had that happen with a Royal Derby porcelain piece that I spent years trying to find another. There wasn't one. I sold it to a Royal Derby museum in England.
I'd seek info from one of the big boy auction houses. No wait. No I wouldn't. Id sell it to a nice guy on Tnet and double my money...

If that was from a Fl yard sale, I'm not surprised. So many retirees take their heirlooms and valuable with them to the south, and no ones around when they pass.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bronze ones go for several thousand dollars.
The lack of info on Gorham making silver statues indicates to me that it may have been commissioned piece. meaning not mass produced, but made for special order.
I've had that happen with a Royal Derby porcelain piece that I spent years trying to find another. There wasn't one. I sold it to a Royal Derby museum in England.
I'd seek info from one of the big boy auction houses. No wait. No I wouldn't. Id sell it to a nice guy on Tnet and double my money...

If that was from a Fl yard sale, I'm not surprised. So many retirees take their heirlooms and valuable with them to the south, and no ones around when they pass.

Can’t thank you enough for all this info! You guys here on T-Net are amazing. Really can’t wait to find the back story on them.

Upvote 0

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the exact same set! Of the canisters in the background of your photo. Seriously. I do. Great canisters, don't you think?

Upvote 0

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Primo JKD! Their candlesticks that high are priced significantly so I know this piece is worth some cash. I'd have to guess $325 or more.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread