Garbage Picking BHT4

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I like to walk, and keep an eye out on garbage night (before pickup in the morn). I find things here, and there, but a recent night rewarded me with a very good like new condition Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.

I was surprised this was thrown out at this particular house because they have been putting stuff out (with a "Free" sign) for several weeks. The house was for sale, but was finally sold. I think they wanted to keep it, but last minute decision they threw it out (if they put it out in the for free manner chances someone else would have snatched it up). Maybe they bought it to find property makers (which is a driving purchase for some)?

It had two dead 9 volts in it, but it works perfectly fine. I added a volume control (mainly for headphones because speaker is not too loud), and now is a good loaner. It's a decent 6 Khz beginner machine.

It would have been cool if it was a pro package with bag, pinpointer, smaller coil, and stuff, but beggars can't be choosers. 😁

Edit: I added the black tape to the lower rod to affix coil cable.

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_001001.jpg
    IMG_20220411_001001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20220411_001018.jpg
    IMG_20220411_001018.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 46

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like to walk, and keep an eye out on garbage night (before pickup in the morn). I find things here, and there, but a recent night rewarded me with a very good like new condition Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.

I was surprised this was thrown out at this particular house because they have been putting stuff out (with a "Free" sign) for several weeks. The house was for sale, but was finally sold. I think they wanted to keep it, but last minute decision they threw it out (if they put it out in the for free manner chances someone else would have snatched it up). Maybe they bought it to find property makers (which is a driving purchase for some)?

It had two dead 9 volts in it, but it works perfectly fine. I added a volume control (mainly for headphones because speaker is not too loud), and now is a good loaner. It's a decent 6 Khz beginner machine.

It would have been cool if it was a pro package with bag, pinpointer, smaller coil, and stuff, but beggars can't be choosers. 😁

Edit: I added the black tape to the lower rod to affix coil cable.
Sweet it can live in your trunk, an impromptu treasure machine!

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do the same in my old neighborhood the night before. To me and the Raccoons, garbage night was the best day of the week for a walk. Now we all have the big wheel out garbage cans so can't really see anything and keeps the Raccoons away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread