20220622_074947.jpg

Upvote 6

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kind of pump you see in old Westerns. Hand operated.Search it and you,ll find a pic I,m sure.Used to be common in rural areas as late as the early 70s.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a pitcher pump?
Just did a yahoo search and about a thousand pics came up.if I knew how to post one I would but I don,t know how.Old guy I am,still remember when a computer was a thing only available to the elite and housed in a huge building somewhere. All the pumps I remember were red,pumped up good water so cold it,d make your teeth hurt.

OP
OP
L

lamsc

Jun 23, 2022
Just did a yahoo search and about a thousand pics came up.if I knew how to post one I would but I don,t know how.Old guy I am,still remember when a computer was a thing only available to the elite and housed in a huge building somewhere. All the pumps I remember were red,pumped up good water so cold it,d make your teeth hurt.
I actually have a Pitcher Pump in my back yard. I had never heard it called Pitcher Pump. Our home was built in 1925. We moved in a year ago. When we purchased it the pump was attached to a board over the old well. Thank you so much for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread