Garden shots

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hereā€™s a couple shots of part of my vegetable garden. I just tilled in some compost. Not much to show yet as Iā€™ve been pretty sick for a month or so with a bad case of pneumonia. Seem to be on the mend now with the 3rd different antibiotic.
6FB9FC25-1AE5-4D01-8A74-FB08BA605442.jpeg

This is 1/2 the garden area. So far spring plants of collards, cauliflower, brussel sprout on perimeter. Onion, garlic in box bed and green beans along right edge of tilled area.
2DC63257-C651-4D08-9E92-0A382087606B.jpeg

The middle area of garden. Starter plant area and herbs along far left side. Kind of a mess, but my mess. Will be plant more seeds of other veggies in the next few days. Tomatoes and peppers are in the green house in another area. Will plant some of both in the open garden as well.
Mike
Oh yah, that little Mantis tiller is one of the best tools Iā€™ve ever owned. I use it in the open garden, raised beds, etc.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking soil
Looks like your well on your way with the garden bed.
Nothing like growing one's own food.
Got myself a little Toro tiller, and one interchangeable with the Stihl unit, great little tillers.

Sorry to hear that you've been sick, it's great that you're up and getting around now.
I had double pneumonia back in /80, bunch of days in a coma, and a 30 day stay in the hospital.
I wouldn't wish that on anyone, really knocks a person down.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Hereā€™s a couple shots of part of my vegetable garden. I just tilled in some compost. Not much to show yet as Iā€™ve been pretty sick for a month or so with a bad case of pneumonia. Seem to be on the mend now with the 3rd different antibiotic.
View attachment 2027655
This is 1/2 the garden area. So far spring plants of collards, cauliflower, brussel sprout on perimeter. Onion, garlic in box bed and green beans along right edge of tilled area.
View attachment 2027666
The middle area of garden. Starter plant area and herbs along far left side. Kind of a mess, but my mess. Will be plant more seeds of other veggies in the next few days. Tomatoes and peppers are in the green house in another area. Will plant some of both in the open garden as well.
Mike
Oh yah, that little Mantis tiller is one of the best tools Iā€™ve ever owned. I use it in the open garden, raised beds, etc.
Nice place.
I get asthma and allergies, when I hit my mid 30s i started getting plueracy and pneumonia every winter. Double pneumonia a couple of times. Like getting stabbed in the lung each breath which im sure you know.
Back then they had just brought out a pneumo vac shot. Doc said would you like to try this. Im "yeah I think so". Never had either since. šŸ‘
Ask your doc about it.

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Chilli. Yah, have been keeping up with the pneumonia shots but still get it. Last time about 10 years ago, was another real mess. Collapsed lung, hospital, etc. The doctors never could figure out the bacteria involved. I was getting IV antibiotics in the hospital. They told me one day, ā€œ this is the 5th and last type of antibiotic we haveā€. The previous 4 didnā€™t work. Some super last resort not often used unless critically needed. It worked.
Mike

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Thanks Chilli. Yah, have been keeping up with the pneumonia shots but still get it. Last time about 10 years ago, was another real mess. Collapsed lung, hospital, etc. The doctors never could figure out the bacteria involved. I was getting IV antibiotics in the hospital. They told me one day, ā€œ this is the 5th and last type of antibiotic we haveā€. The previous 4 didnā€™t work. Some super last resort not often used unless critically needed. It worked.
Mike
Sorry to hear it didn't work.
It was a game changer for me. I know we are all different. My worst are fungus type things. But I know how debilitating it is. Its horrid.
Stay well mate and all the best. šŸ‘

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2027655
View attachment 2027666
Mike
Mike your garden looks great I should be able to get beans and peppers and cucumbers in shortly .Happy to hear you are on the mend thanks and take care

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice rich looking soil

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice garrden thanks for sharing with us. Why so big of a openings in the fence. we use chicken wire so rabbits, wood chucks, chipmunks and other critters can not get in .

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gare, thanks. Yes, I need to put a wire gate across both sides of the garden. It is open wide for changers to the layout and soil improvements I made this spring. My most common unwanted visitors are šŸ¶s and šŸ±s.
Mike

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your garden is coming along nice delnorter. I already have some small green tomatoes on my early girl plant. Hopefully by July I should start having tomatoes.
IMG_0876.JPG

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Hoagie, thanks. Yes, your tomato plants look great. Youā€™ll have ripe ones soon. Kind of interesting, one of my best producers is Early Girl, here a continent away.
Mike

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a small little vegetable garden too, but turn it over with a spade every year. I need a little tiller like yours!

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Old Dude, those little tillers do a great job and are easy to handle. Many makers of them now days.

I still hand spade my garden every few years for a deep turnover.

Mike

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2027655
View attachment 2027666
Mike
Very nice. I have a sister that loves gardening. We stated planting a week a go. We still have to finch it. Once we get over from having Covied 19. Yes,we all came down sick with it. First time for me but, I got all my shots so it hase't Ben that bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread