relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just bought a used Garmin foretrex 301 on ebay used and would like to know what other detectorists think of it. I had an Etrex
which worked OK had a lot of features I dont need. Anyway I lost it detecting somewhere and I like that the foretrex is wrist-worn.
I think it's simplicity is a good thing. All I want is to explore the woods without fear that I'll get lost in the process. I don't need to map
my trails or anything, although I will mark any sites of interest that I might want to return to. I believe this is the unit used by American troops.
works for me!:headbang:

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell, I love my 101 and 201! Easy to use and love the wrist mount! Noticed that I lose signal, sometimes under trees, etc. But, really a real novice with them. Plan on using them for prospecting, this coming summer, in Oregon! I also love the simplicity! Just start walking, that's it! Had a few other ones, so dang complicated, I had to bring the instruction book with me! Waterproof too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread