Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be a post like this every other week.

The Cons of the machine would be the fact Nobody has the patience to learn it. that goes for pretty much EVERY machine.

People can talk all they want about how much they suck...but when you talk to people that have used it for a few years and LEARNED what it does.I have ALOT of faith in my machine...I find good thigns all the time...maybe not caches of Silver and Gold....but really who does?

I can tell you....if you dont have patience...then detecting is going to be hard for you either way.

And when I say "YOU" I mean people in general.

Just remember...Like any hobby...its not as easy as vendors and TV make it look....Its all about Patience....and of course finding a place that makes sense to detect.

Best of Luck!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Lynne G. Peck!! I really enjoy my ATPro!! My son recently gave me a Minelab Etrac and I will let you know if the difference in price is really worth it!! MERRY CHRISTMAS and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro is good for what it was designed to do. Comparing it to on Etrac is not very fair to the AT Pro because you are comparing a multi frequency machine to a single frequency machine. In some areas the Etrac will run circles around the Pro because of the technology but then you are not paying as much for it either. The AT Pro is a good mid-level machine and has the extra benefit of being waterproof to 10 feet. There are no other machines in it's price range that I know of that can say this. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Pro is good for what it was designed to do. Comparing it to on Etrac is not very fair to the AT Pro because you are comparing a multi frequency machine to a single frequency machine. In some areas the Etrac will run circles around the Pro because of the technology but then you are not paying as much for it either. The AT Pro is a good mid-level machine and has the extra benefit of being waterproof to 10 feet. There are no other machines in it's price range that I know of that can say this. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I totally agree....I do plan on upgrading to an Etrac one day, but i would never give up using the pro. There are areas I hunt that the Pro would be a better machine...Plus the fact I could go detecting in the rain and water is always a big plus

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my AT Pro for about 14 months and love it, and use it almost exclusively now. It's the 2nd best detector I have ever used, as you can tell on my profile I have used a lot of Whites products. I still love my DFX the best but the AT pro is so much fun with out all the hassles of adjustments. The key word in thate previous sentence is FUN. If you dont have one go get one, and if you have one just pull it out and play with it.

OP
OP
L

Lynne G. Peck

Dec 14, 2013
Vero Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrtee AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the follow up on the Garrett AT Pro. I presently have a White MXT that is OK but being 80 years young it is to damn heavy for me. 15 minutes and it is all over!! Your follow up has restored my belief that the AT Pro is the detector that I need. I am basically a "dirt fisher" although I only live 9 miles from the beaches on the Treasure Coast of Florida so I'm sure I will be doing beach hunting. At least that is what my Wife says. I can swing the detector and she will be soaking up the great Florida sun. I feel for you guys in the northern latitutes. We get to detect year around down here. Anyway thanks a bunch. Lynne

OP
OP
L

Lynne G. Peck

Dec 14, 2013
Vero Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrtee AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my new AT Pro yesterday afternoon. Took it our this morning and decided to work an area that has been worked to death. 17 coins found in the first 45 minutes. My MXT sure would not have done that!!! Still be out there if the wife hadn't called me on my cell to get my butt home. She needed the car. Tomorrow after church..

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the AT Gold, not pro. It has a smaller coil, but is good with mineralized ground. I notice a range from about 72-76 or 78 for pennies in same location and depth. I think the conductivity range is due to metal content pre 1982 vs after, the length of time in ground, and any other chemical agents affecting the pennies. With this in mind, I think the best philosophy is to keep flexible about what our machines are telling us. A reading of (X) does not always yield a particular coin or gold object. In general it may. Anything in the 30's I personally write off as iron and don't bother with it, because I get this signal so often in trashy areas.

plonker

Aug 13, 2013
worksop
Detector(s) used
t2 at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the AT Gold, not pro. It has a smaller coil, but is good with mineralized ground. I notice a range from about 72-76 or 78 for pennies in same location and depth. I think the conductivity range is due to metal content pre 1982 vs after, the length of time in ground, and any other chemical agents affecting the pennies. With this in mind, I think the best philosophy is to keep flexible about what our machines are telling us. A reading of (X) does not always yield a particular coin or gold object. In general it may. Anything in the 30's I personally write off as iron and don't bother with it, because I get this signal so often in trashy areas.

this is my second at pro , i got one of the first bach with faulty coil and they replaced it straight away . but never gave it chance. so got the e trac and gave it over one year and as regards hammered silver its a nogo. so on my recent trip to la i went to rusties and bought another at pro with lots of bits. well what an improvement never looked back sinse . but i still miss my minelab sov. gt the best beach detector.

Capt_Jack

Dec 16, 2007
Wilmington N.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 AT/PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I just received my AT/PRO today and it is different then my ace 350.it will take me awhile to learn it...any kind of pointers would help!!!!!

joetoilet

Mar 2, 2013
Perry Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched the At pro tutorial's on utube and it was a big help...but the best help was this forum and another forum...from all different kinds of metal detectors. Just enjoy it.....At pro is good detector, not the best not the worse...it's the person working the machine...Happy Hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread