Ohio
Detector(s) used
Deus II 9”
Garrett Apex
Fisher 1236-X2
Fisher CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine makes a screaming sound when the battery gets low. Since you already mentioned that you tried multiple batteries, let’s assume they are good. Does it have any warranty remaining? If so, obtain an rma from Garrett and return it. They turn it around pretty quickly.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to suggest battery also. So I agree send it in to get it repaired or maybe Garrett can give you another solution if you call them. Maybe there is some way to reset it that they can tell you.

DIG5050

Apr 15, 2021
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Deus II 9”
Garrett Apex
Fisher 1236-X2
Fisher CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have/use the Z-Lynk function, so I picked up a second carrot to use if I have to ship one back to Garrett for repair.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine stopped making noise and only vibrates now.
Push and hold down the button until it beeps twice then you can put it back on the beeping function after it beeps twice just push the button until it goes to the sensitivity setting you want.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine makes a screaming sound when the battery gets low. Since you already mentioned that you tried multiple batteries, let’s assume they are good. Does it have any warranty remaining? If so, obtain an rma from Garrett and return it. They turn it around pretty quickly.
Does anyone have a link to an article or a YouTube video that shows how to work on a Carrot which is out of warrant. Thanks. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just call Garrett and get it sent in. Mine quit all together and it was about 50 bucks shipped and repaired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread