Garrett Pinpointer Service

Thebigd81

Oct 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sending 3 pinpointers to Garrett to have them replace the shells and hopefully give them a go over. The AT Pro Pointer tip is worn after 4+ years, the Pro Pointer II is what friends use when they go out with me and I obtained that used and it's probably 5+ years old, and the ZLynk is probably a year old but has seen heavy use. I no longer scrape around in plugs with them and now have tips on them to protect them.

I've heard great things about their service but was wondering if anyone has sent anything into Garrett within the last year or 2. How long was the turn around and were you satisfied with the work?

Thanks all and HH

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have sent in pin pointers twice and they had quick turn around in a day or 2.

OP
OP
Thebigd81

Thebigd81

Oct 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have sent in pin pointers twice and they had quick turn around in a day or 2.
Thanks! Hopefully I get an email back tomorrow and can get the 3 of them shipped off tomorrow afternoon after a hunt with a buddy. I'll still have a carrot to use for the week or 2 I'm waiting for them to come back

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent mine in, had it back in less than 2 weeks even considering it had to go from coast to coast. Once they had it, they fixed it in one day. Rest of the time was "mail time".

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to send one in, and it came back quickly, however, the problem was not fixed. It still continues to beep at anything.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sending 3 pinpointers to Garrett to have them replace the shells and hopefully give them a go over. The AT Pro Pointer tip is worn after 4+ years, the Pro Pointer II is what friends use when they go out with me and I obtained that used and it's probably 5+ years old, and the ZLynk is probably a year old but has seen heavy use. I no longer scrape around in plugs with them and now have tips on them to protect them.

I've heard great things about their service but was wondering if anyone has sent anything into Garrett within the last year or 2. How long was the turn around and were you satisfied with the work?

Thanks all and HH

I sent a detector to Garrett for a minor repair job and from the day I sent it out to the day I got it back was 8 days. They even sent me four new batteries and a pair of camlocks which was a bonus.
I'd give them an A+ for their service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread