Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have it, love it, and wouldn't want to hunt without it. :icon_thumleft: Small, sturdy, easy to carry.

HH

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
had one loved it had to send it back to charles for repair they sent me a new one bought a 2nd for a back up had to use the eagle2 by whites hated it traded it off for a hand full of silver morgans

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great. Some folks have taped some electrical tape to the sound opening to muffle the sound.

aslterp7

Nov 1, 2009
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, automaxx pinpointer, garrett pro pinpointer
Sounds great! I hope to buy one soon. On sale at Garrett for 130$ or so, no tax, free shipping.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it, I have a prob attached to my e-trac but the Garrett Probe pinpoints better and I hate to say it, deeper. It hangs on my belt all the time I'm swinging.

ron_c

Mar 13, 2009
Noth Central Texas
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL, G2, Compass Coin Scanner Pro, Garrett BFO Discriminator, Garrett Pro Pointer,White's TRX PP, XP Gold Maxx Power, White's IDX Pro, Omega, Tesoro Vaquero
You can also increase the depth by about 3/4" and even more. I'm getting 1 1/4" on a dime with mine and by using some sort of metal object, I used a thin piece of brass that came off a school ruler, and by using a rubber band around the back of the unit and slip the metal piece under the rubber band. Pull the metal piece towards the rear, turn on pin pointer, slide metal piece forward until it starts to chirp, slowly slide the metal piece to the rear until it stop chirping. I can usually get 2 to 2 1/4" or more by using this crude adjustment but it works for the times you might want or need a little extra depth.

aslterp7

Nov 1, 2009
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, automaxx pinpointer, garrett pro pinpointer
what is the normal depth of the Garrett pro pointer? I read that it can get up to 3 inches. Mine arrives Thursday.

ron_c

Mar 13, 2009
Noth Central Texas
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL, G2, Compass Coin Scanner Pro, Garrett BFO Discriminator, Garrett Pro Pointer,White's TRX PP, XP Gold Maxx Power, White's IDX Pro, Omega, Tesoro Vaquero
This is the depth I'm getting with the first unit I bought just last month.

1c - 1 9/16"
5c - 1 7/8"
10c - 1 1/4"
25c - 1 9/16"
50c - 1 13/16"
1.00 - 1 7/8"

I also have read the reviews about people getting from 1 1/2" to 2"+ on a dime but this is the results I'm getting on a newer unit. I emailed Garrett and was told I should be getting more than 1 1/4" on a dime and for me to send it in and it would be replaced. The new unit arrived a week later and still it will only get 1 1/4" on a dime.

While checking the depth on coins I again rechecked the dime and on the second depth test now I was getting 1 1/2" and the rest of the coins were also getting more depth. It finally dawned on me that the longer the unit is on the more depth it gets. I retested it. I turned it off and let it sit for a few minutes and within 10 seconds of turning it on I tested the dime again and the depth was as follows:

0 minutes - 1 1/4"
1 minute - 1 3/8"
2 minutes - 1 5/8"
3 minutes - 1 15/16"
4 minutes - 2 3/8"
5 minutes - 3" moments later the unit became unstable and started chirping and vibrating all my itself with no metal anywhere near it and had to be turned off.

I have repeated this several times with almost the same results and have had other people try this with their units and they also have had about the same results. Now normally you don't keep a PP on for this long and it was for test purposes only. This might also explain why some people says 1 1/2" and other say 2". Also it may be the older units were hotter than the current units. Now I'm not bashing the PP I just thought this was interesting myself and I don't know if all units will do this.

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just asked for one for Xmas :0)

And got one for Xmas...can't wait till the snow disappears so I can go back outside.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes you can not go wrong with that Garrett Pro pointer the best i ever used........ I wish minelab would make a pin pointer...........

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
I just got mine yesterday,
What is with the box? It reminds me those mint girl scout cookies. MmMnnnn

Ok, I better toss that out! :-)
I think I get more depth from a coin in the ground than I do in the air.
Another truly awesome product from Garrett

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Love mine! It's great. I have dug three silvers in the last month and haven't come close to scratching one of them. For that matter I don't think I've scratched a coin old or clad in the last two months.

TG

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a sunray probe. Now that ive used the PP i'll never go back. Its the best ive ever used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread