Garrett Propointer 11

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always liked the simplicity of the black Propointer. I never took to their menu driven pinpointers so last year I bought a new 11. After three months of use(I detect 4-5 days a week) the on-off button started malfunctioning. The light would turn on, but absolutely no sound or vibration. I would get it to work after three or four pushes of the button. Garrett replaced the entire probe, but kept the original battery cap which displays the serial number. I was more than pleased.

Almost immediately, it started do the exact same thing. I worked around the problem and kept using it, but now it takes four pushes of the button to get any sound or detection ability. It almost seems like it has the menu system like the Carrot, but not the settings. I sent it back in and I am starting to doubt the factory's ability to fix it. Does anyone know if Garrett still makes the Pinpointer 11? My first Propointer lasted 4 years and that was thousands of turn ons. My Carrot lasted three years and was still going strong when I sold it in a package deal. Anyone else had problems with the Propointer?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett is outstanding on these types of issues!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions