Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Garrett sniper coil for my AT Pro, but never found squat with it. I thought it would help me to pick out non-ferrous targets in between all the nails at cellar holes. I did find a few small flat buttons with it, but no coins.

Two issues with it. One, it's very small, so it takes time to cover any ground. Two, it doesn't seem to go very deep. I would say maybe 4 inches or so. I eventually sold mine, but you may have better luck. The spots I checked were cellar holes I had detected to death, so maybe that's why I never found any coins with it. Definitely worth a shot, though. You might find a trime in all those nails! Good luck!

OP
OP
C

Cuda 70

Jul 2, 2021
Moonstone Ontario
Detector(s) used
Ace400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Garrett sniper coil for my AT Pro, but never found squat with it. I thought it would help me to pick out non-ferrous targets in between all the nails at cellar holes. I did find a few small flat buttons with it, but no coins.

Two issues with it. One, it's very small, so it takes time to cover any ground. Two, it doesn't seem to go very deep. I would say maybe 4 inches or so. I eventually sold mine, but you may have better luck. The spots I checked were cellar holes I had detected to death, so maybe that's why I never found any coins with it. Definitely worth a shot, though. You might find a trime in all those nails! Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I’ll give it shot. Not real into coins. Mostly relics etc

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine, but yes it does take more time to cover ground, Also the beam it projects into the ground is smaller but that is what makes it good for getting in between other items. Plus you can get up closer to metal poles and such. I have never really had a depth issue but maybe that is too personal. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread