Garrett SUCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ivan salis said:
one thing I think everyone agrees with --the tones on the ace 250 suck --whoever the tone deaf dolt was that decided upon those exact sounds --as "the tones" for the ace 250 -- needs to be drug out back and bull whipped .--it is like a attack on the eardrums .-- those lame / sorry tones really drive some folks away from the 250 * or stop them from buying one -- seems to me that garretts R & D and marketing folks should know that by now and do something to fix it .
Ivan, I agree the tones on a 250 suck. I have also found that a pair of earphones with a volume control should be used. Digger, YOU lost the holder! Now, swallow hard and let's move on. I will also agree that $30 IS too much. Suggestion.... glue some velcro on the rough surface of the probe and add the other section to one of those nylon "neck things" (hopefully the Green Bay Packers version) and simply wear the probe around your neck. Adjust the neck thing accordingly. Up, out of the way, and never to fall out of the pocket. Just a thought.... TTC

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
::) Make your own dude! Think of the people who lived in the times that we love to find coins from... They improvised, invented, etc. I think if you would have made a post with a solution to the problem and then said Don't spend $30 on this when you can just do this... THAT would have been a cool post that would stick it to Garrett.

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I don't care for tones either on my son's 250 but I don't knock it either why? here is why if I'm lying the big guy up above can strike me dead now. My Dad had called me up a couple of weeks ago and asked if I could bring my detector over because he wanted me to try and find the phone line in his drive way I said alright and loaded my Excal and my son's 250 in my truck and was gone. I got to his house and started with my Excal from were the line went into the house and could'nt get a fix on it. I put it back in the truck and brought out the Ace kinda cringed but thought what the hell started the same way from the house all the way down the drive it was reading 8+ inches deep I told my Dad to get ahold of the phone company just to be sure. I came back a couple of days later to visit and low and behold he had it marked right where I had it marked I asked my Dad how deep it was and he told me the phone guy said it was 13 inches on the detector he has WOW. So I give it alot more credit then I did.
HH-drewan

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I LIKE Garretts. TTC

Attachments

• MVC-009S.jpg
    MVC-009S.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,485
Last edited:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
So do I. If someone does not know how to use a detector the way it was intended then it's time to read the manual or watch the DVD because I didn't use mine right till I watched the DVD and now I swear by Garrett and I would do the same with any other company.
My Scorpion rocks.

SpringTxDigger

Dec 28, 2008
Katy Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have to say did you call your local dealer? I sell them for around $14 dollars. I had a fellow who lost his or whatever. I ordered some in from Garrett. Support your local dealer. I can't imagine one charging $30.00 for one.

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
I can't believe that this thread has been kept alive since May 12th over such a minor issue. Amazing.

Jerry

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jerry-Wi said:
I can't believe that this thread has been kept alive since May 12th over such a minor issue. Amazing.

Jerry
The life of this thread, Jerry, simply brings the issue up because several people are really concerned... and maybe opinionated. That is to say, the Tnet serves many levels of detectorists so many many issues seem to pop up over and over again. I don't mind the redundancy because I really enjoy passing on what I know to the newbees. I too am opinionated but try to make it sound like knowledge passed on. TTC

Attachments

• bumphead.gif
    bumphead.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,404
  • bumphead.gif
    bumphead.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,405

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are ever near DuBois Pa ....stop by & ill give yah mine (I dont use it)

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
TerryC said:
Jerry-Wi said:

Jerry
The life of this thread, Jerry, simply brings the issue up because several people are really concerned... and maybe opinionated. That is to say, the Tnet serves many levels of detectorists so many many issues seem to pop up over and over again. I don't mind the redundancy because I really enjoy passing on what I know to the newbees. I too am opinionated but try to make it sound like knowledge passed on. TTC

Welllll how about pass on one of those Garretts my way!!!!!! Looks like you have plenty and i have none!!! :wink: :icon_thumright:

darkwing_66

Jul 10, 2010
northern alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer2 tesoro tejon
YES GARRETT DOES SUCK. im not loyal to one brand. i think if it works use it. ive owned 4 and every one was junk. a grandmaster hunter cx2, gta1000 and gta 350, and propointer. they were cheaply made. coils all broke and im easy on my machines. the only good things ive found from them is??????????????? well nothing. ive been hunting for 35 years now and used just about all brands and garretts were the worst of all. ive gave them a chance, ill never give garrett my business again. dennis

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry-Wi said:
Any company that will take a 25 year old product long out of warranty and refurbish it to like new condition and turn it around in a week in far better condition than when they received it does NOT have bad Customer Service Period. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder for Garrett which is your prerogative however what you are saying about them does not square with the first hand experiences that I have had with them.

Jerry

Or in my friend's case, he bought a used machine and sent it out for an upgrade ($300). It only took 3 times sending it out, and 24 weeks total to get it back ???, which isn't back yet, but will be -so they say- by Aug 5, so 25-26 weeks before it's home, because a part (coil) was back ordered (10 weeks ago). So they "put it aside" and then "forgot about it". First impression is not good for their service, but we also understand human error. Now, if it still doesn't work, neither of us will use Garrett's again.
BTW, my son also has a Ace250 and we've had no trouble with it. The ding-ding-ding is somewhat annoying, but it is what it is.
Also note: for Garrett's mistake, my buddy got an apology and a $100 credit for Garrett Merchandise. So, I have to believe it was an honest mistake, FWIW.

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
TerryC said:
Jerry-Wi said:

Jerry

Hi Terry, part of what I was referring to is this started over a lost holster for a Propointer and seems to have morphed into something else entirely. The title of the thread seems to be trying to convey the impression that Garrett is not a good company which is something that I do not agree with. Not everyone is going to like any particular brand for one reason or the other and I understand that. At the same time people need to take some responsibility for their own actions and learning the hobby and look inward. Not everything that happens is someone Else's fault.

Jerry

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Damn i was racing my Honda last night with Nitrous going 150 and the motor blew . They want to charge me $4000 for a new motor :o!!! this is insane!!! I HATE HONDA!!!!!

HAHA deff. kidding i <3 HONDA!!!
But this topic is pretty funny i have it notify me cause i think its great!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jerry-Wi,
No harm taken or intended. Take Care, my friend. TTC

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
njnydigger said:
The ONLY thing I use of theirs is the propointer (which is phenomenal), however, glad I never DID use any of their products before. Never WILL for that matter either.

I've had my propointer almost (3) years now. I lost the black holster thing that attaches to my belt a looooong time ago. Since that time, I've just been sticking my propointer in my finds pouch - simple fix & convenient. However, the propointer has a nasty habit of falling out of the pouch. I've lost my propointer in the woods before & let me tell you...it ain't fun finding it :BangHead: Called Kellyco and asked if they had any in stock. They said that the holsters only come with the propointer. So, next idea was to call Garrett directly. Surely they would have one I can purchase separately. Spoke to a very nice lady there and said she'd have to check for me. I called back later and they did indeed sell them separately...

For a whopping $30.00!!! Is that insane or what?!?! I had every intention of purchasing one. Figured a replacement would be $5, maybe $10...but $30 for a little black holster. Give me a break :spam4:
There's an old saying Mr. Garrett...

"Take care of the customer and the business will take care of itself". Highway robbery is NOT taking care of the customer :stop:

Thanks for nothing :thumbsup:

i use a bucket to carry everything, after having an ace 250 and fisher f2 i now have a cutlass tesoro that beats the stuffing out of both the 250 and f2. but as every one has said you cant beat the garrett pro pointer. witch is well worth the 127.00 dollars.

gringoo

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GARRETT RULES!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hello: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread