Garrette ads 7

Relicsnstuff

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2021
Hello all,

I just bought a garrett ads 7 I had one years ago, the person I bought it from belong to the club back then, the club and the person are no longer here, anyway he adjusted the detector some how and it got just ad deep as my at max, I m wondering if there is anyone on the form that nay know how this was done, I opened it up and there are five pots, I try adjusting them but had no luck, I have them marked so I can put it back to factory settings, otherwise likely a combination of settings, if I knew what each one was for that would help too, been detecting since 1980.

Thanks

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

I just bought a garrett ads 7 I had one years ago, the person I bought it from belong to the club back then, the club and the person are no longer here, anyway he adjusted the detector some how and it got just ad deep as my at max, I m wondering if there is anyone on the form that nay know how this was done, I opened it up and there are five pots, I try adjusting them but had no luck, I have them marked so I can put it back to factory settings, otherwise likely a combination of settings, if I knew what each one was for that would help too, been detecting since 1980.

Thanks
well here is the manual. The ground balance is the most important and that can change at every site. You have to adjust ground balance before you start detecting. Manual explains this and other settings. I don't remember how this was done and haven't used for a very long time. Good luck!

Attachments

• Master-Hunters-7X-and-10X.pdf
    102.6 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
R

Relicsnstuff

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2021
Thanks for the manual, at this point I'm trying to find what was done to turbo chagre the detector, the person I got it from did something in the inside, there five pots on the inside but I don't know what they control, that would help.
20211207_160706.jpg

OP
OP
R

Relicsnstuff

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2021
I have been detecting since 1980, in all that time I found three gold coins, my detecting buddie still waiting to find his first one, anyone found any and how many?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread