Gary Drayton...What is The Thing Called.....

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
..that he uses to scan dug holes and mounds of dirt after the detector goes off? It is a rod about a foot long that is also a detector; What is that gadget called?
Update; Ok,..I just went to eBay and found it. It is called a pinpointer.

My cat may have swallowed a sewing needle that "disappeared" the other night. Waited at "Emergency" for 4 hours last night, wanting to have her x-rayed. Finally went home. Never did get in. I decided that if I had one of these gadgets for times like this, it could give me the "answer".

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are talking about a pin pointer?

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn’t trust a pinpointer in a case such as yours. Swallowing a sewing needle will almost always result in a life-threatening scenario. A needle is not an object that is prone to being passed through the intestinal tract. It is much more likely to result in a punctured intestine and peritonitis.
dts

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn’t trust a pinpointer in a case such as yours. Swallowing a sewing needle will almost always result in a life-threatening scenario. A needle is not an object that is prone to being passed through the intestinal tract. It is much more likely to result in a punctured intestine and peritonitis.
dts

An x-ray by your vet is your best option.

OP
OP
gemee

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
The problem is that you simply can not get into a vet here for a couple of weeks. It is absurd. Went to an emergency vet over the weekend and I waited 4 hours before finally going home.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem is that you simply can not get into a vet here for a couple of weeks. It is absurd. Went to an emergency vet over the weekend and I waited 4 hours before finally going home.

I would locate a 24-7 emergency vet and take your cat directly.

This being said...if you do nothing for 2 weeks... you will see if this needle does cause effects with your cat.

• vomiting.
  • diarrhea.
  • abdominal tenderness or pain.
  • decreased appetite or anorexia.
  • straining to defecate or producing small amounts of feces.
  • lethargy.

If there is a stomach obstruction it will be visible by these effects.

This laxative for cats may enable passage.

https://www.mspca.org/angell_services/feline-megacolon-and-deobstipation/

Best wishes for your outcome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions