tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I filled up at a price south of 4 dollars a gallon. Been awhile since I could say that.

Attachments

• 20220730_095809.jpg
    20220730_095809.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 14

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
$6.50 Kanadian. That is like $1.07 USA per gallon, right?
The Canadian dollar reached parity with the greenback in 2007, for the first time since the 1970s, climbing to a modern-day high of US$1.1039 that November.
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
But then the fat lady sang

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Canadian dollar reached parity with the greenback in 2007, for the first time since the 1970s, climbing to a modern-day high of US$1.1039 that November.
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
But then the fat lady sang
Wow! And now only worth $0.15 against the dollar. That is ok, I still love you guys.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It can be discussed without bringing in politics. Talking about electric vehicles is not pushing a political agenda and no I do not own or plan to own an EV.
Why? You will support the oil industry TH

8 gallons of oil for each 18" tire

310 gallons to put the plastic in those cars

Tesla only makes 50 -55% of the parts contained in its cars. Not all Tesla parts are made in CA and thus some are shipped in by diesel powered trucks. 45 -50% of its parts are sourced by well over one hundred third party contractors most of which are not located in the USA. Those parts are flown, shipped and/or trucked to Tesla’s lone American plant in CA thanks to oil, diesel, natural gas which propel trucks, ships and planes. The amount of fuel used in such shipping is undisclosed as is the amount of fossil fuels used in assembling a Tesla nor in shipping it to a customer.
Then there's the other things that are in these toxic little gems that they claim are so green.

Carbon fiber

Carbon fibre is made from oil and a chemical called acrylonitrile. This chemical uses costly ingredients and an expensive catalyst. The use of petroleum within acrylonitrile also means the price of carbon fibre varies alongside the price of oil.

Stick with ICE-great choice-an honest choice. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions