George Washington Portrait on Rock?!?

Conway

Nov 10, 2016
Tenessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lonestar Pro (2nd Owned)

Harbor Frieght/Chicago Electric 6 Function Hf Detector (1st Owned)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fount this interesting piece that resembles our Masonic 1$t president's $1 portrait IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0089.JPG and posted it in the identifying forum and was told by a fellow name backwoodsbob to post here, and that some of you guys would enlighten me on a few things perhaps even tell me what it is here I fount. Thanks guys IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0106.JPG IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0107.JPG

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK conway. This Stine is of the Jesuits. What it's in reference is a hidden place. This place may be a cave or just and underground storage. We call them vaults. There are many across the world. Not all the stones you may find will have something on them. That however doesn't mean they are not important. They used a series of alignments. Have patience and we will help you. If you could look up a thread. Markers and signs. A man name Sandy. He has the knowledge that could lead you. Keep your location to your self. This type treasure hunting can be and is dangerous. This type incorporate death traps. Not kidding! !! Yes it is similar to Indiana Jones type danger. Welcome to our world. It is a very serious group with still many unanswered questions. When it comes to this type of treasure hunting. Not much is what it seems. It uses all types of clues such as the alignment of the sun on a stone at a certain time of day. Even the shadows of the stone and the work on them all play a part. But once you have gained enough knowledge it will become easier to see the beauty of their work. There were other order also. Depending on your location sometime more than one on a site. What I mean is one may have taken over a older site.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charl, your a MD now.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charl welcome . Glad to see that your curiosity has gotten the best of you.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the end Charl we will win you over. Welcome to treasure marks and signs. Make sure you look at some of the other threads in this category.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guy's are not use to this type of stone. But it has the marks and signs needed. I see things on it already. First thing can you retake the first picture with the whole stone showing. There is a meaning to this side. I'm not sure we see the whole picture. It reminds me of the gotcha type trap. I'm saying this from what I see. The spot to the right could be the entry they want you to take. As you dig in the spot at the top will crush you. That is a set up on some sites. I'm only guessing at this point. We are dealing with symbolism and each line and shape is a meaning. You can make out faces on this stone. They are done on purpose. These stones are arts of art. Some of the characters are evil looking. That's another one of their ways of scaring people of a superstitious nature. It will make you think. I will take your photos and mark some thing to make it easier for you to see the art on it. Some will think it's the imagination or pareidolia. Right Charl!. It's not though and once you have studied their work you will understand. They used the symbols with other symbols together. That make.it harder to decipher. So bear with us. The is a church sign in the second pic. And I will point it out when I mark photos. If any of you other guys can help . Please weigh in. Rebel I know you have the ability to do it. Let work on pics.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conway, your masonic ties may have helped you in seeing the symbolism in the stone. Here is a few things that's the easiest for me. First the sign of the church
5ff8fe88be9bd5b31c571ec62a8d298c.jpg

Next the Eagle
0249b5db8fcabfa76f4f7ae0d714520f.jpg

In this one the Priest and the witch. I only outlined the Priest and his hat. The hat is the tale tell sign. The witch I just show its hat. There is so much on a stone it would take a while to fully decipher.
1f2fd558ebb83ff2f901f5e5b48a6a42.jpg

In the last I show the church sign and the priest in blue. He is sitting there working on the stones. In yellow the x is part of a pattern or crossing. I believe it is two hills that the valley is the center. Like on a heart.
af18ac4aae7434c92e429767b1002c3f.jpg

9bf3689e83c9e98c1ef8b5f15b7339da.jpg

This is my opinion of what I see . There may be other input on top of it.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I forgot to tell you . By turning the stone a different scene will appear depending on the lighting. I call them morphing stones. It's all done by the way the stone is cut.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the end Charl we will win you over. Welcome to treasure marks and signs. Make sure you look at some of the other threads in this category.

Thank you, Bob, but this is not my first visit here. I have posted several times. Because I am regarded as a minor authority on Native American rock art, and have published studies of several petroglyph sites in the Northeast, I sometimes try to help here, because it's inevitable that folks looking for treasure signs will on occasion confuse Native American rock art for treasure signs. There is an another ongoing thread here in this section of TreasureNet, right now, in which the poster has included images that are clearly Native American petroglyphs, and not treasure markers per se. So, when I can help in that respect, I sometimes do just that.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will go on record, by way of nearly 40 years of studying rock art, and man made carvings on rock, and say that Backwoodsbob is incorrect in saying there are man made designs on the rock in question. The photos demonstrate clearly that that rock is 100% natural, and contains no man made marks at all. This is of course my opinion, and anyone is free to believe Bob's interpretation is valid. I believe his interpretation is invalid. One needs to be able to distinguish natural from man made, and, in all honesty, and certainly not meant as criticism, but I do not believe Bob has that ability to distinguish when marks are natural, and when they are man made. Obviously, if that ability is lacking, many mistakes will result.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Just want you to know Bob, I have no intention of hanging out here for no reason other then to correct your mistakes. You're entitled to believe whatever you wish, and folks here are entitled to take your interpretations at face value, if they so choose. I was able to correctly identify petroglyphs in a thread here, and I hope that helps. But, as far as I am concerned, you're entitled to have fun and enjoy yourself with your own interpretations. If I had nothing better to do then correct what I perceive to be your misconceptions, well, boy, would I ever need a life. I have no intention of doing that, Bob. Most of the "problems" grew out of your mistakingly interpreting rocks as artifacts in the Native American artifact section. But I have no real issues with you at all. Far be it for me to spoil your enjoyment with your theories.....

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want you to know Bob, I have no intention of hanging out here for no reason other then to correct your mistakes. You're entitled to believe whatever you wish, and folks here are entitled to take your interpretations at face value, if they so choose. I was able to correctly identify petroglyphs in a thread here, and I hope that helps. But, as far as I am concerned, you're entitled to have fun and enjoy yourself with your own interpretations. If I had nothing better to do then correct what I perceive to be your misconceptions, well, boy, would I ever need a life. I have no intention of doing that, Bob. Most of the "problems" grew out of your mistakingly interpreting rocks as artifacts in the Native American artifact section. But I have no real issues with you at all. Far be it for me to spoil your enjoyment with your theories.....
That fine Charl, you are in titled to your opinion and I love a good challenge. . Your specialty is Native American and mine is Jesuit stone work. Native American didn't do Jesuit type stone work . The Jesuit however did native American type stone work. You can't tell the difference but I can. So do what ever you feel necessary. But remember the hole your stepping into is over your head. I offered you a truce and work together to save your credibility. But if you insist on trying to prove me wrong. Do else where. This is a treasure marks and signs thread so let see what you know about this. I sure you think all of us that do this type treasure hunting are delusional as you call it. So go ahead call me what you want . It does bother me. No one will learn a thing this way. You say you have 40 yrs. of experience. You just might,but not in this line. It's not hard to to tell native American artifacts. I'm sure you have a great deal of knowledge in that field. It is hard to tell the work of the Jesuit's if your not use to seeing it. The two fields are tied in some ways. If you are as good as you say,then you should know this. But apparently you dont. Have a good day Charles and if you want a constructive conversation on the matter. I will be willing.
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread