German shot glasses from the Holocust in perfect condition

damien41

May 13, 2014
Stillwater NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett GTI 2500 Eagle pinpointing, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT pro super sniper coil. Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 15 shot glasses from the Holocaust. All written in German. Some of them show the concentration camps on them. they are 24k gold filled. I can't find them anywhere on the internet and shot glass collector's have told me they never seen any shot glasses like these before. Any help would be great. I'm trying to upload pic's of them.

20140515_130844_resized_1.jpg 20140515_130908_resized_1.jpg 20140515_130951_resized.jpg 20140515_131007_resized.jpg 20140515_131024_resized.jpg

Last edited:

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 15 shot glasses from the Holocaust. All written in German. Some of them show the concentration camps on them. they are 24k gold filled. I can't find them anywhere on the internet and shot glass collector's have told me they never seen any shot glasses like these before. Any help would be great. I'm trying to upload pic's of them.

View attachment 995437 View attachment 995438 View attachment 995439 View attachment 995440 View attachment 995441
I have over 300 reference book's,One on shot glass's.Once i find that i'll see what it has to say...Where did you get them? They appear to be souvenirs but what odd souvenirs!!! Like is there a souvenir shop at Buchwald!???!

OP
OP
D

damien41

May 13, 2014
Stillwater NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett GTI 2500 Eagle pinpointing, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT pro super sniper coil. Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grand father was a German prisoner of war and was in a Russian concentration camp in Seibria. He's brother was a high ranking S.S official wad put him there for not joining the S.S. Also my grand parents meet in the concentration camp. They came to the U.S. in 1954 and never went back. All relatives killed during ww2. My grandparents were a adopt a family program and got to NYC then moved to upstate NY. My grandfather's story of all this is in the Troy Record news paper arcives. The Wolff family.

OP
OP
D

damien41

May 13, 2014
Stillwater NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandparents gave them to me and told me there very rare. If that helps.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"from the holocaust"? somehow I doubt they had shot glasses for sale back then.
if they did they give me the heebie geebies

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any names of Concentration Camps on any of the examples you posted.

What I do see are names of wine regions in Germany. Nothing holocaust on them. Looks like something you would get as a gift from a wine tasting of a particular vineyard.

If they were Nazi in origin, there would be NSDAP (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei) and/or swastikas on them somewhere.

Mike

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems that I have seen these before...just can't remember where. Was it on tnet?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems that I have seen these before...just can't remember where. Was it on tnet?

Maybe your thinking of this thread, thread is 7 months old ..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

OP
OP
D

damien41

May 13, 2014
Stillwater NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to all who read this thread. When I did the thread I posted it wrong. I could not figure out how to change the thread. The shot glasses according to my grandparents are from wold war 2. They told me that they dated back to sometime in the 1940's. The wine vineyard was destroyed durning world war 2, then rebuilt 20 years later.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Browsing around and spotted this very old post, but felt it needed some additional comment.

With all due respect to the OP’s family history, these shot glasses have a back-story which is complete fiction. Those are not concentration camps depicted on the glasses, they have nothing to do with the Holocaust, and likely date from the 1970s (or later).

One of them has the arms for the Heilbronn Winery Co-operative. I’m very familiar with that area since my former employer had its R&D Centre there and I was a frequent visitor as well as getting to know their local wines. Although the co-operative has its roots in 1888 with the founding of the Weingärtnergesellschaft Heilbronn, the glass also references Erlenbach and Weinsberg. They didn’t join the co-operative until the 1970s.

One of them references the Deutsches Weintor company, which didn’t exist until 1956 and that glass also has a reference to “Qualitätswein”, the German equivalent for the French “Appellation Contrôlée”. That wasn’t instituted as a standard until the German Wine Act of 1971.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Browsing around and spotted this very old post, but felt it needed some additional comment.

With all due respect to the OP’s family history, these shot glasses have a back-story which is complete fiction. Those are not concentration camps depicted on the glasses, they have nothing to do with the Holocaust, and likely date from the 1970s (or later).

One of them has the arms for the Heilbronn Winery Co-operative. I’m very familiar with that area since my former employer had its R&D Centre there and I was a frequent visitor as well as getting to know their local wines. Although the co-operative has its roots in 1888 with the founding of the Weingärtnergesellschaft Heilbronn, the glass also references Erlenbach and Weinsberg. They didn’t join the co-operative until the 1970s.

One of them references the Deutsches Weintor company, which didn’t exist until 1956 and that glass also has a reference to “Qualitätswein”, the German equivalent for the French “Appellation Contrôlée”. That wasn’t instituted as a standard until the German Wine Act of 1971.
Good research RC.
Though the OP hasn't logged on for nearly 7yrs now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread