Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck with that my friend!:occasion14:

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had some luck with that in the past here in Montana. Much better to try and phone them and believe it or not...sometimes they are still listed in the phone books here. Another thing you can try is to try and set up a lease type arrangement where you maybe help them with their annual fees? This is what I've done in the past with some success. Offer to show them what you find and where you found it....basically offer to prospect their claim for them. You'll only be out a little effort and it could open up some ground for you? Good luck!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Foe me , (if possible or close by ) the best way to gain permission / access to someone's claim is to go to their claim / home (call first to inform them of your intension's ),and present yourself to them so that they can see for themselves if they feel comfortable and or can trust you ! Good Luck on your result's ! Not everyone want's to share their claim with anyone !

OP
OP
S

Shoesnsocks

Feb 22, 2020
Placer county, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it sounds like at least calling or maybe even meeting in person first is a pretty good idea. I guess since I just have addresses I wasn't sure how to go about doing that.

I always thought claims were basically totally off limits, but then I heard from a few experienced prospectors that it might be worth trying to get permission since sometimes they say it's ok. I have no intentions of going there without that permission of course.

I've been having a really hard time find a good spot because so much of the land out here is claimed. There are some places though that are really deep out in the mountains that I just don't like going to solo. Tomorrow though I'm supposed to meet up with a buddy and we'll get a chance to go out deep hopefully!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Every claim owner is different, I personally don’t like strangers wandering my diggings. There are a lot of claim owners in California and I guess now Oregon that are waiting for dredging to open up as they view that as the only viable method to mine those claims and don’t seem to think much of people highgrading their banks with low key activities. It’s a crap shoot but you may get lucky nothing ventured nothing gained the worst they can do is say no.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
You own the mineral right's (Granted ! ) but you cannot stop hiker's or anyone else from your claim because you don't own the land , only the mineral right's and I'm sure you know that and just didn't say it ! And I agree with your feeling's and people that you don't know cherry picking your claim UNLESS you have a contract ! BUT still it's EZer to just say NO and not worry if they are doing you right or not !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread