Gifs, Pics, and More

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are very old Tom - Which you already know, but the rest of us are probably not.

The Twenty-seventh Dynasty of Egypt (notated Dynasty XXVII, alternatively 27th Dynasty or Dynasty 27), also known as the First Egyptian Satrapy (Old Persian: Mudrāya), was effectively a province (satrapy) of the Achaemenid Persian Empire between 525 BC and 404 BC.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Yup! Was put by me on the auction but shabtis didn´t gone this time! Just the cheapest one was sold... That was crazy! My bronzes was sold very very good.

But I am happy this one wasn´t sold! I love that one more than any of the other!! It was found by Gaston Maspero and his Restorer Alessandro Barsanti near the Unas Pyramid in Saqqara around 1890

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't begin to imagine something that old.

Do you have mummies by your front door too :icon_thumright:

Does Zahi Hawass come to visit your house :tongue3:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are very old Tom - Which you already know, but the rest of us are probably not.

The Twenty-seventh Dynasty of Egypt (notated Dynasty XXVII, alternatively 27th Dynasty or Dynasty 27), also known as the First Egyptian Satrapy (Old Persian: Mudrāya), was effectively a province (satrapy) of the Achaemenid Persian Empire between 525 BC and 404 BC.

That´s right! Most egyptologists date that piece to the 26. Dynastie (Saite Period) but the style of the small face and the eyes are typical for the persian period! also the entire Body is not to compare to 26. Dynasty shabtis.

This one from Horkhebi is a typical 26 Dyn. example:

SAITE1c.jpg It is also one that did n´t sold at the auction that time...

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't begin to imagine something that old.

Do you have mummies by your front door too :icon_thumright:

Does Zahi Hawass come to visit your house :tongue3:

I have much older stuff from the Djoser Pyramide. Blue Fayence tiles and some stone vessels. 3rd Dynasty, approx 4700 years old. For me the hard stone vessels was just occupied and are way way WAY older! The Egyptians of that time was n´t able to craft such hard stone vessels with their tools. There are some that was made out of corundum!!! This is nearly hard as diamond. There is also other hard stone stuff like PERFECT statues and sarcophagus with marks of rotating tools and perfect polished surface but with scratched inscriptions which was done later after occupation. Every artists who made such perfect objects and than scratches in the inscriptions like an barbarian would have lost his head FOR SURE! There is something massively wrong with all the dating s etc. and you can believe me, I am not crazy! At least not in that special case :laughing7: There is a lot that does n´t fit!

Please don´t mention the Name of that Psychopath!!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Unbelievable to have something almost 4,700 years old. I remember seeing your blue tiles.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Unbelievable to have something almost 4,700 years old. I remember seeing your blue tiles.

35+ years ago it was also not thinkable for me that I ever get a hand on such pieces! It´s great to be restorer :icon_thumright:

Just looking at those objects behind glass or see it in books is not the same.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am glad for you Tom, although I can't relate to pieces as old as yours, I can relate to actually touching pieces being better than seeing just pictures. Good job Tom.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
=======

It looked Royal. I have seen some similar but nothing just like it. Yep, I like it.

Not Royal, even not one Title in the inscription, but for sure a noble person of higher rank. This is clearly to say from the entire style and quality. But I still don´t like it and still don´t know why I bought it for the price of a car... :laughing7:

I find the left one of this VERY attractive!!

Epoca_tarda,_ushabti_in_faience,_664-332_ac._02.JPG

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you about the one on the left being prettier. Her face looks friendlier and I like how her hair seems to have more detail. ( Plus her skirt is shorter ) :laughing7:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
I am glad for you Tom, although I can't relate to pieces as old as yours, I can relate to actually touching pieces being better than seeing just pictures. Good job Tom.

As I said, you have to touch and to feel it to real understand it! :headbang: Woman can understand this very good. They also have to touch everything or they don´t believe it :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you about the one on the left being prettier. Her face looks friendlier and I like how her hair seems to have more detail. ( Plus her skirt is shorter ) :laughing7:

GOSH... LOL

Thats no skirt! It is Mummy wrapping!! :laughing7: But nice Idea dude :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I can´t even say if it is an "she". Looks like the name stands on a collumn at the sides.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Buddy, I have to go now. Still some work to do and wify is waiting...

See ya all tomorrow or later in the evening!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
See you later Tom, thanks for the educational experience :icon_thumright:

I need to go too.

Goodnight and good morning :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread