XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't stay long as have more clean up to do AND internet is only running at about 25 %.

Just wanted to let everyone know we are all ok.

On Monday at 11:05 a.m. a storm with straight line winds of 90-100 m.p.h. hit us.

The house pretty much was fine, but the trees in our yard did not.

A large limb fell off the Ash tree and when it came down, it snapped our Evergreen tree off about 25' from the top. Now I have a 20' base still intact, ( maybe carve a Totem pole out of it ? )

The trees came down and missed our vehicles by merely a fraction of an inch. They did completely cover our driveway and we had no way to leave. No chain saws, only a bow saw. Once we got power back, we were able to use a reciprocating saw to cut some branches. I had on my covid mask because the pollen and sawdust was terrible and I thought it would help.......NOT. I nearly passed out twice because I could not breathe through it. So I took it off.

The electric company finally restored electricity to us on Thursday, ( 73 hours and 30 minutes after the storm hit ).

The humidity was so terrible during those 4 days of no electricity that the carpet felt like a sponge. Probably have it replaced.

Cell phones where iffy for the first few days.

We are still currently without cable.

It was not until Wednesday that I found a set of old rabbit ears and hooked them up to the flatscreen tv and we could see how widespread the damage was. Since internet service is still bad, we are unable to view any videos or news broadcasts. Limited to text only.

Contacted the insurance company last Tuesday, still have not seen anyone yet.

That is all for now. Off to be a lumberjack.

0810201220a.jpg 0810201221d.jpg 0810201222a.jpg 0810201235a.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Simon
That looks bad. Glad to hear y'all are OK.
I know what you mean on the lumberjack deal.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Simon!
Easy does it on the clean up.
You have the rest of your life to fight it. So just peck away a little at a time.

Still downed stuff in my neighborhood months later.
Was noting today a tree with the top spun/forced out/off that is trying to grow back.
Right in the "ally" the wind blasted the hardest.

A home (trailer) on the nearest main intersection that is pushed offset on it's foundation has every tree in the yard down.
Nothing has been fixed or cleaned up. A reminder of the weathers force for sure.

Hang in there. Be careful.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I basically live in and around a forest. A little wind shear took down 15 or more trees on the property.
So I am still cutting things up then with the excavating work that we had done and taking down a dozen more it seems like an endless task in front of me even with 4 chainsaws.
I can't imagine cutting up a large tree with just a bow saw, the pioneer spirit isn't alive in me.
Best of luck Simon-maybe renting a saw for 4 hrs bit might be worth it.
Home Depots have a good price base with some rentals.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Green Man? Do you have an Idea what exactly it is Pepper?

Hanging pendant-clothing I think the export papers stated. I see if I can find them in the storage.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't stay long as have more clean up to do AND internet is only running at about 25 %.

Just wanted to let everyone know we are all ok.

On Monday at 11:05 a.m. a storm with straight line winds of 90-100 m.p.h. hit us.

The house pretty much was fine, but the trees in our yard did not.

A large limb fell off the Ash tree and when it came down, it snapped our Evergreen tree off about 25' from the top. Now I have a 20' base still intact, ( maybe carve a Totem pole out of it ? )

The trees came down and missed our vehicles by merely a fraction of an inch. They did completely cover our driveway and we had no way to leave. No chain saws, only a bow saw. Once we got power back, we were able to use a reciprocating saw to cut some branches. I had on my covid mask because the pollen and sawdust was terrible and I thought it would help.......NOT. I nearly passed out twice because I could not breathe through it. So I took it off.

The electric company finally restored electricity to us on Thursday, ( 73 hours and 30 minutes after the storm hit ).

The humidity was so terrible during those 4 days of no electricity that the carpet felt like a sponge. Probably have it replaced.

Cell phones where iffy for the first few days.

We are still currently without cable.

It was not until Wednesday that I found a set of old rabbit ears and hooked them up to the flatscreen tv and we could see how widespread the damage was. Since internet service is still bad, we are unable to view any videos or news broadcasts. Limited to text only.

Contacted the insurance company last Tuesday, still have not seen anyone yet.

That is all for now. Off to be a lumberjack.

Hey Buddy, good to hear you and your family are ok and your house was n´t damaged!!
Wish I would be there to help you.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Take it easy Simon, there must be a service out there to help you clean up the trees without breaking the bank.
Main thing is not to push the body too hard.
I know my limitations now, if I don't the lungs start to break and there's blood coming up freely.
Then it's a trip to the Cat scan and a harsh statement from the Dr.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Simon
Thanks for taking the time to check in. Hope everything goes alright from here on. Take it one step at a time. Your health is everything right now. Keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread