pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was for real....north west of me a couple of hours in Jasper.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: I drive a truck.....should be safe...

View attachment 1895605

edit: btw..The dang things like to lick the wet, road salt off the vehicles, pretty common event in the mountains.
Doing a pilot car trip with a buddy.
Drove the HWY from Jasper past the Columbia Ice fields down to the Trans Canada Nov. 1st. 77
The Yellow head highway closed up behind us and we had to get home.
Stopped at the park gate and we asked where we could load some rocks into the back of he truck for weight, the guy said "Right over there-you do know you can't legally do that-but I'd rather you load some rocks up than me loading up bodies later."
They hadn't closed the hwy yet so off we went - what a trip - saw snowballs up to a meter high rolling down the highway from the high winds. The blizzard was crazy, cars, trucks in the ditches everywhere, couldn't stop as we'd end up there also. Calling out on the CB to see if anyone was hurt in these accidents.
Finally we got to the #1 and asked the truckers for a road report-terrible conditions-we got the hwy-turned west and was a dream drive for the next 4 hrs

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok. The she-shed is back on the table. I have to re think it, though. Location has been moved to the front of the house. Size? I thought we had that figured out. :icon_scratch: Which way should it face? The same way the house doues? Towards the cemetery? Back at the house? Towards the street? Arrrgh! Changing the location just messes everything up! Now which style do I go with?

View attachment 1895580

View attachment 1895581

View attachment 1895582

View attachment 1895583

View attachment 1895585

View attachment 1895586

Not #2

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Well, we hashed out location, there was some confusion (hey what can I say? I am blonde ya know ). It will be something similar to #1, backed up to the cemetery and looking at the pond. This is what I had originally wanted, but apparently I didn’t explain it correctly. We laid out sizes last night and I said, “I thought we already did this?” Now my man is a “Tim the Tool Man Taylor “ if you know what I mean. And I was skeptical last night saying it was too big. He was talking me into a 12’ x 12’ or 10’ x 12’ with a 6’ porch. Sure enough, in his office at the shop was the pic and the drawing 8’ x 12’ with a 4’ porch. Cedar plank and galvanized roof. So it will age. Now I hope it gets started and this is not just another teaser. LOL I did threaten to take over the garage. Basically have all my rusty relics out there anyway. I’ll just start hanging stuff on the walls!

Thatguy

Jul 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tapatalk is a forum app for phones. You can get more than just Tnet, but that’s really all I use it for. It has plus and minus.

Plus- I can reply faster.
I can hit likes faster
I can get notifications when someone quotes me.
I can see better than using the website on my phone. Everything is bigger.
I can keep up without my laptop and switch to web view if I need the other features.

Minus - I don’t see all of Tnet. Probably my fault
I can’t figure out how to post pics unless I save them to my phone first.
I can’t edit a post.
And apparently, some gifs/images don’t show.
I don’t see my like counts. That could also be a plus though.
Emoji don’t all work on posts.

To add to this list.

Minus:
Not all forums are available on Tapatalk.

Plus:
You can view multiple form at the same time with Tapatalk.

I have a love hate relationship with it. But it is about 98% of what I use for my forums that I’m on.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
now look at those.... god... damn it...

Even my dream girl can´t change my mood anymore :icon_scratch:

Friends, I am officially confirmed jobless now like 600.000 other small business owners in Germany thanks to the PLANdemic :hello2: :icon_scratch:

Brother Tom! :hello2: :hello:

We will get through this! Hang tough!

I have really missed you! Thank you for sending me your selfie!

F2274D1F-1ADA-4440-A52A-6BF890965980.jpeg

:laughing9: :laughing9:

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing a pilot car trip with a buddy.
Drove the HWY from Jasper past the Columbia Ice fields down to the Trans Canada Nov. 1st. 77
The Yellow head highway closed up behind us and we had to get home.
Stopped at the park gate and we asked where we could load some rocks into the back of he truck for weight, the guy said "Right over there-you do know you can't legally do that-but I'd rather you load some rocks up than me loading up bodies later."
They hadn't closed the hwy yet so off we went - what a trip - saw snowballs up to a meter high rolling down the highway from the high winds. The blizzard was crazy, cars, trucks in the ditches everywhere, couldn't stop as we'd end up there also. Calling out on the CB to see if anyone was hurt in these accidents.
Finally we got to the #1 and asked the truckers for a road report-terrible conditions-we got the hwy-turned west and was a dream drive for the next 4 hrs

Thats nasty! We avoid Highway 93 at all costs at this time of year if possible. It’s one of the last highways to get serviced after blizzards/heavy snow and most tow companies will not come and rescue you. Parks will rescue you and that’s very expensive....

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0024.jpg DSC_0026.jpg

Piece of German dog tag from the SS Verfungstruppe Liebenstandarte Adolf hitler, found in the Crimea peninsula area.

DSC_0027.jpg

U.S. Navy fighter pilots medical kit, used by a pilot in the Pacific. This one is empty, but an original would contain bandages, morphine and sulfa powder for wounds.

DSC_0029.jpg

Grenztruppen Der DDR (Border Police of the German Democratic Republic) cuff title. These belonged to the infamous Berlin wall guards who shot people trying to escape East Germany.

DSC_0030.jpg

MG42 Belt links made specially for German fighter planes. These were found on the Gumrak Airfield of Stalingrad, where the Luftwaffe left in a panic in front of the Russian advance, taking as many soldiers as they could carry on their planes. the rest were left to die.

DSC_0032.jpg

Plane crash parts from a Bf 110E that crashed March 4th 1943. The pilot was Oberlutenant Gottfried Muller, of Stab.2/JtG77. This famed unit fought alongside Some of the greatest pilots of the war, most notably Hans Ulrich Rudel whose record no one has yet even come close to beating. The names of the two other crew members were Wolfgang Grothe, and Hans Perpiles. They were on a reconnaissance mission when something went wrong, and the plane disappeared. No one knew what happened to them until in 1945, the Russians found the wreckage. No bodies or even signs of bodies were ever found. No one knows what happened to them.

There are many really neat pieces of the plane that I will eventually photograph and put up on my blog.

DSC_0034.jpg

This is an amazing relic in of itself. It doesn't look like much, but this mess tin lid has been carved repeatedly by a bored SS soldier. There are carvings on top of carvings and some of them are hard to make out, but it is easy to see the "Sun Cross" symbol in the center. This symbol was used almost exclusively by Norwegian SS volunteers. Today, it is a symbol of white supremacy, but back then, they used it as an unofficial badge of pride from their home country. Also present across the whole lid, is the word "NORD". This is the name of the 6th SS Gebigsjager Division, "Nord". These fellows fought in Finland, Northern Russia and finally Europe during the final days of WWII. They were known for being generally nice to captured POWs and the local citizenry, a rare thing for an SS Division. On the side, there are SS runes carved as well. This lid was found in Northern Russia in a Soviet trash pit. It is likely that the Soviets used this piece for target practice, which unfortunately knocks out much of the carving.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats nasty! We avoid Highway 93 at all costs at this time of year if possible. It’s one of the last highways to get serviced after blizzards/heavy snow and most tow companies will not come and rescue you. Parks will rescue you and that’s very expensive....
Weirdest thing on the trip we stopped for fuel, had to pay to have the guy even serve us, then pay the high price of fuel on top.
We went over to use the phone booth and the operator came on-first thing she said "Are you all right?" She told me that everything was closed down, as for the highways-I guess they closed /93 right behind us.
We took turns driving as we were burnt out from trying to navigate-the only words were what do you see-one of would say black or white-we knew that black was the abyss. It was my turn to drive and I said to stop, then said why are you not stopping? I'm trying! The roads looked totally clear on this one stretch, but when we finally did stop we realized there was about 2" of ice over the pavement.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are awesome Rusty! Each one has an interesting story but I especially like that lid.

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are awesome Rusty! Each one has an interesting story but I especially like that lid.

The more I look t it, the more I find. I found his initials, an the abbreviation for Panzer. This could mean that the soldier in question served with SS Sturmgeschutze Battalion 6 or Panzerjager Battalion 6th SS Nord. I'll look again tomorrow in the sunlight. This is probably one of my favorite pieces now!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great pics and WWII history Ethan, I can clearly hear your enthusiasm as you're writing the description of each piece. :thumbsup:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Rusty those artifacts are awesome. If you look up B-24 crash in Deuel co. Ne. in 1944. I have a few pieces from this crash. In the spring time, fragments get pushed out of the ground from freeze and thaw.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread