WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
After we got the framing of the floor done, we put it on jacks and screwed 3 runners. Treated plywood is astronomical, so we put deck sealer on it. Attached the shed floor and then the treated lumber for the porch. If you see any screws out of line, it’s my fault. I measured. :laughing9:

C1A189F1-8A20-4C66-990F-2174FBF3DA34.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After we got the framing of the floor done, we put it on jacks and screwed 3 runners. Treated plywood is astronomical, so we put deck sealer on it. Attached the shed floor and then the treated lumber for the porch. If you see any screws out of line, it’s my fault. I measured. :laughing9:

View attachment 1896922

Looks like it's coming along nicely WD.
Lumber and building materials in general is just silly now.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like it's coming along nicely WD.
Lumber and building materials in general is just silly now.

I priced out a treated wood platform last fall and said no way!

You can snap a chalk line to grid nailing spaces.
Or do like me (and you did) just say it's good enough for who it's for after...:laughing7:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I priced out a treated wood platform last fall and said no way!

You can snap a chalk line to grid nailing spaces.
Or do like me (and you did) just say it's good enough for who it's for after...:laughing7:

He has already reminded me several times how expensive it is going to be. To the point where I said, “fine, don’t build it now,wait.” Too late now. He didn’t want lines/big marks on the treated lumber/porch area. IDK he’s a finish carpenter. A little picky IMO.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
He has already reminded me several times how expensive it is going to be. To the point where I said, “fine, don’t build it now,wait.” Too late now. He didn’t want lines/big marks on the treated lumber/porch area. IDK he’s a finish carpenter. A little picky IMO.

Finnish! There's the problem. Should have hired a Swede...:laughing7: (No , I'm not a Swede.)

I didn't snap lines on the small platform from a few years ago. And no , no one would care about chalk lines on it anyways.
Did spend more time than needed figuring screw spacing. But didn't have help either to hold the other end of the line.

You would not want me doing anything with lumber there.. Let alone fastener spacing... It would look rustic though , in a ramshackle kind of way.:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finnish! There's the problem. Should have hired a Swede...:laughing7: (No , I'm not a Swede.)

I didn't snap lines on the small platform from a few years ago. And no , no one would care about chalk lines on it anyways.
Did spend more time than needed figuring screw spacing. But didn't have help either to hold the other end of the line.

You would not want me doing anything with lumber there.. Let alone fastener spacing... It would look rustic though , in a ramshackle kind of way.:laughing7:

My Father-Finnish, Mother half Fin/Swede

I really couldn't count the number of times the ref: of "Dumb Swedes" was under the breath while growing up.:laughing7:

A painter: Can make a bad carpenter look good vs can make a good carpenter look bad........
Tin banger quote: All my best work-nobody gets to see it even.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, this past fall; we moved our 20 year old son back home as I had to cover his rent for the first and last time. He was living on his own, had a good job until the pandemic hit.

Anyways, when he moved in, his dog also moved in too. The dog is still a puppy, he is only ten months old now, and his name is Micki. He is a catahoula leopard dog.
At first, the dog and I had a love hate relationship since October...(more hate by me lol, as I have a cat and a nine year old black lab; we are pretty laid back and cannot put up with the "big puppy shenanigans":laughing7:

But lately, we are starting to see eye to eye, and I have been more forgiving and keep reminding myself that the big dork is still only a puppy. This weekend I was working on my work laptop, legs stretched out and this is what I get.....:laughing7::laughing7:

note* if you click on my sideways picture, it will appear right side up. (no idea why or how it did that)

Attachments

• Micki.jpg
    Micki.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • micki2.jpg
    micki2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
8B6BA2F1-6F2E-42C0-A88F-5038CFAAA4BE_4_5005_c.jpeg
There you go-
How can you not want to play with him. :laughing7:

PS: If you resize a photo just a tad, they always come up straight. I don't know why but it was a good tip somebody said once and been doing it since-that's if I remember.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
0B6B4632-3306-423D-97FB-A56D37A1F7C0.jpeg oops

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So, this past fall; we moved our 20 year old son back home as I had to cover his rent for the first and last time. He was living on his own, had a good job until the pandemic hit.

Anyways, when he moved in, his dog also moved in too. The dog is still a puppy, he is only ten months old now, and his name is Micki. He is a catahoula leopard dog.
At first, the dog and I had a love hate relationship since October...(more hate by me lol, as I have a cat and a nine year old black lab; we are pretty laid back and cannot put up with the "big puppy shenanigans":laughing7:

But lately, we are starting to see eye to eye, and I have been more forgiving and keep reminding myself that the big dork is still only a puppy. This weekend I was working on my work laptop, legs stretched out and this is what I get.....:laughing7::laughing7:

note* if you click on my sideways picture, it will appear right side up. (no idea why or how it did that)

Awwwwww!

giphy.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread