Glad to read of your fabulous finds but I'll never find anything else

Edward Lopez

Nov 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all: Thanks for the memories, I appreciate them. It's a joy to see that there are still great finds waiting for your coil to reveal and your photos of your fabulous finds keep my memories alive and my photos of some of my finds tell me I was good back in my days (early '80s to late 90s). But now, at 83, I'm sofa-locked as last year my NYC Mt Sinai hospital neurologist diagnosed me as suffering from 2 rare ailments: Cerebellar Ataxia, which is so rare it affects approx. 150,000 out of 300 million Americans, and Dropped Head Syndrome. Picture Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg walking with her chin resting on her chest and that's what I look like when I get up from sitting and try to walk which I can't do unless I walk holding on to my rollator. I survived a wave going over my head during El Nińo on Santa Monica Beach and I woke up early during a coming storm while carrying my metal detector's rod while lightning was approaching. But I wasn't prepared for the Ataxia which started while I was going to the useless gym. In case you are not familiar with Ataxia it affects my balance (I fall a lot), gait, strength, speech, swallowing, writing, etc. I hope I didn't bring your head down so be grateful you can still swing. I had a great life and my various detectors brought me joy and some riches. Me and my trusty Teknetics Mark I Ltd.

Attachments

• THing on Long Beach - '90s.JPG
    THing on Long Beach - '90s.JPG
    593.4 KB · Views: 82

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you the best Edward, hang onto all those good memories!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the feeling it wasn't just metal detecting you were doing on those beaches!

OP
OP
E

Edward Lopez

Nov 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It,s the attitude Edward,never give up.I,m 70 and I started to say i,m not half the man I used to be,but actually I,m almost twice the man I used to be by weight!!!.Best of luck to you friend,sincerely so.
Hi crashbanditcoot. With me it's the opposite. A few years ago I weighed 165, now it's 130. But, really, as you know the mind is weightless and mine is still as sharp as the probes I used to make out of fiberglass fishing rods. Best of fortune to you also.

OP
OP
E

Edward Lopez

Nov 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, memories are the only things we have left to cling to. Good luck with your health in the future.
You said it! Last night I tried to access my th'ing photo folder dating back to the 1980s and it's gone. In my having to reinstall Windows 8.1 a folder or two would be gone even though I saved my desktop folders to an external hard drive. I don't know what happened but even Recuva failed to find the folder. So, as you and others have stated memories are all I have left. Fortunately, I have more memories than I had photos so I'm good. Thanks.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said it! Last night I tried to access my th'ing photo folder dating back to the 1980s and it's gone. In my having to reinstall Windows 8.1 a folder or two would be gone even though I saved my desktop folders to an external hard drive. I don't know what happened but even Recuva failed to find the folder. So, as you and others have stated memories are all I have left. Fortunately, I have more memories than I had photos so I'm good. Thanks.
Well Ed....we all love to hear stories....perhaps you can relive some of them with us !! Could be the next best thing to actually getting out there !! Im all ears when im here on treasurenet !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread