1RAGINCAJUN

Nov 29, 2008
Lafayette, La.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cruise....one of its destinations is Jamaica
has anyone on a cruise hunted there lately?
couple of yrs ago supposedly they outlawed it
I had friend get equipment grabbed when they landed
wondered if anyone else has had a problem
I would sure love to try. I've seen videos from hunts on Mexico beaches and they found all kinds of good stuff.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamaica hunts from past
full

full

full

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, I had a couple of good trips there also, but Eleanor and I both had ALL our detecting equipment confiscated at the airport, and a week later it took over an hour to get everything back the morning we left for home. I have not gone back since.

Check with the cruise line you are traveling on for their listing of FORBIDEN ITEMS.

NCL restricts them on some itineraries due to the island's restrictions. If you take them aboard and try to get off the ship with a detector, it may be confiscated by either the cruise line or local security personnel.

from: https://lifewellcruised.com/things-you-cant-bring-on-a-cruise-ship/

Metal Detectors​

Metal detectors are on the prohibited items list for most cruise lines. It seems that they could cause a problem with the ships electrical and navigational systems.

Enjoy the trip, stay safe....WaterWalker

Attachments

• Copy of Customs restricted items.jpg
    Copy of Customs restricted items.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 34

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamaica me crazy booouy!! The place is a zoo !! If you are not in the designated tourist areas....your fair game for robbery, and carrying a metal detector won't last 30 mins in most areas. I once willingly gave up my nikes to some very persuasive islanders !! They made a very sensible argument for them.....give me your shoes and get out of here or we beat your a** and take them anyway !! I gave them my shoes and was allowed to pass unmolested.....back to the hotel barefoot, lesson learned.....stay inside the gate !!

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
be careful buddy remember the two guys watching us for hours on the beach. ? a few rings are not worth your life, enjoy your trip and please say hello to Rosa. we still need to get together soon Summer had passed us by... Fall beach day? soon oh yes and at turtle park >? oh my.. that was scary. good thing we got out and had some food.. It paid to be a patron...lol

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be careful buddy remember the two guys watching us for hours on the beach. ? a few rings are not worth your life, enjoy your trip and please say hello to Rosa. we still need to get together soon Summer had passed us by... Fall beach day? soon oh yes and at turtle park >? oh my.. that was scary. good thing we got out and had some food.. It paid to be a patron...lol
I got special gift you asked for - will send out when i get back
i go in for surgery when i get back - so this might be my last hurrah for awhile

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
I got special gift you asked for - will send out when i get back
i go in for surgery when i get back - so this might be my last hurrah for awhile
OMG Thank You I sure hope it's what I always wished I wanted from you>>>> Be safe and call me when you get back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread