Going through a dilapidated building that's caving in on itself on some property that my buddy just bought and what a find I found.

Apr 28, 2022
Buddy of mine recently bought 10 acres of land in Central Florida the property itself has three buildings two of which are being reclaimed by the forest and swamp. I found a small glass jar under a bunch of old newspapers didn't think much of it looks like some regular beads in it. When I took it home I opened up a piece of paper that was actually wrapped up inside of it and it was an emerald. It's marked emerald green spots and the piece of paper is wrapped in is a letterhead from North Carolina Greensboro. Anybody happen to know the value of something like this? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220428_100958673.jpg
    IMG_20220428_100958673.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20220428_101005121.jpg
    IMG_20220428_101005121.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 16511619411157259770762638318213.jpg
    16511619411157259770762638318213.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 174
Upvote 12
OP
OP
J
Apr 28, 2022
Buddy of mine recently bought 10 acres of land in Central Florida the property itself has three buildings two of which are being reclaimed by the forest and swamp. I found a small glass jar under a bunch of old newspapers didn't think much of it looks like some regular beads in it. When I took it home I opened up a piece of paper that was actually wrapped up inside of it and it was an emerald. It's marked emerald green spots and the piece of paper is wrapped in is a letterhead from North Carolina Greensboro. Anybody happen to know the value of something like this? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks for the responses everybody but what I'm trying to figure out is how many carats potentially the stone could be and is it the right type of color to be considered gym quality and if so what is the price per carat

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses everybody but what I'm trying to figure out is how many carats potentially the stone could be and is it the right type of color to be considered gym quality and if so what is the price per carat

Sounds like you’ve got the fever! Lol

I’m sure someone who knows will be along to drop some knowledge. Lots of friendly people here who feel it’s respectful to welcome you.

Nice find.

kudzu74

Jul 31, 2018
MiSSiSSiPPi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did you tell your buddy what you found on his property? Just curious…anyhow I am sure if it works out more at the gym it might become a bigger gem…sorry couldn’t resist! Entertaining find though…keep ‘em coming! Btw, Welcome…

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks
Welcome to Tnet!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks
welcome aboard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread