Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Did all the stuff you've posted in the last week come from the same spot?
If so what a spot! Nice buckle, is that green from the scan?(the second pic) If not then the green oxidation incates that the buckle is gold plated. I have found many old g. plated items and have found that carefully using a sharp pen knife one can flake the build up off and expose a gold surface underneath. Practice on a piece of junk with the same conditions. You'll see that sometimes copper will show through if the plating is thin. This makes it look worse. Looking at the picture you definitely can flake most of it off.
Depends on your taste, maybe you like the way it is and I would understand that, since I like my George III coppers to look greenish and not all shiny and new. Keep posting your finds, they look great!
lol Dave.

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, I think its gold plated myself it was definatly green when I found it. Do you know what type of buckle is? or do you have any suggestions on how I find out. J.D. p.s. everything I found so far that iv posted in the last 2 weeks has been within a half mile radius I've found much much more way to much to post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread