cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Fisher has come out with a "new and improved" version of the Gold Bug 2. Looks more like a Earl Scheib paint job on the old one IMO. They put in a display and fiddled with some switches is about all. I think the guts are the same or very similar. Oh well, maybe in another 25 years they might actually come out with a Gold Bug 3 that will compete with the big boys.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found over a pound of gold with the old Gold Bug II. A real breakthrough machine, and still quite capable. Today, the Minelab GPX 6000, or the Gold Monster 1000 (if you don't have $6,000.00 for the GPX), are the ways to go if you are serious about finding nugglets and pickers in the goldfields.:skullflag:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Milking the old cow will only get FTP so far. Sooner or later if they want to remain relevant they have to introduce something really different and up to date. I’d like them to use an even lighter f75 platform and make it collapsible
and waterproof. We all know they can do it if they choose to, especially if they have their A-team engineering it.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think that you'd find any less gold with the GBII than with any other VLF. The only reason someone may not get it over the newer machines is that it's not waterproof or even weatherproof.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions