Gold coin cache.(HELP!!!)Whats best unit that ignores ALL other signals?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Nothing will only find gold ! Here's your salvation though. You want a 2 Box detector, the old kind with 2 separate boxes. One for the transmitter and one for the receiver. They are connected by a 'pole'. It will ignore small junk and only pick up targets larger than a baseball. It will go down over 6'. The most important control is the adjustment for perpendicularity between the two boxes. The other controls are the on/off switches and the sensitivity control.
Mine is an old Hays. It is similar to a Gemini. You should be able to pick one up on E Bay for app. $350. Good luck, Frank
Gold hand.jpg

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Years ago I sold my 2-box. Bought it new, but sold it for lots less than I payed for after I did my test on it. I bought 30 rolls of pennies at the bank and buried them in a plastic container at 20 inches. Came back a week later and never found it. It was fall when I buried late at night in a park. Yes, I recall it had simple controls. It was red in color. Had a long aluminum rod to hold each box at each end, then a shoulder strap to carry it. Gemini sounds like might have been it. Never found those rolls of pennies, so just got rid of that 2-box thingy.

The info was mentioned a "pouch" when last seen by the wife in the house.

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
I'm really open to any suggestions from all the "veterans" here at TM. Sorry for my newbies assumption there was something that can find gold exclusively!! LMAO.

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Thank you sir!!
Nothing will only find gold ! Here's your salvation though. You want a 2 Box detector, the old kind with 2 separate boxes. One for the transmitter and one for the receiver. They are connected by a 'pole'. It will ignore small junk and only pick up targets larger than a baseball. It will go down over 6'. The most important control is the adjustment for perpendicularity between the two boxes. The other controls are the on/off switches and the sensitivity control.
Mine is an old Hays. It is similar to a Gemini. You should be able to pick one up on E Bay for app. $350. Good luck, Frank
View attachment 1324391

elhit29

Oct 24, 2012
Planet Earth
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We are using a Garrett Ace 250. (I was unsure where to post this.) I think we are using the wrong detector for what we are after. So, I am looking for suggestions of what would be best to buy in $600-700, and recommended settings, to find what we are after.

We've done 6 months of research and have found the location with permission to search. An old man died in 1808, was a purported miser known to save all his gold coins from horse sales in VA. The wife was never able to find them. They had no children. He used to keep them in the cabin, but in later years hid them "on the hill". He would go at night, but came back shortly. So, we think its not that deep, and not that far from the cabin, which still stands. The "hill" starts within 250 feet of the cabin, and is in view of the front and side windows. But, there is a creek between the cabin and the hill. Large trees on both sides of the creek were probably there back then, so explains why the wife could never see exactly where he went(?).

Our problem is with the Ace250 that we get loads of false signals. Must be high iron content in the soil? We are looking for a machine that is specifically for gold cache of coins in one spot.

Garrett ATX is the kind of performance we need, but dang, that is expensive!! Is there something out there that is similar? That unit can go DEEP, which we believe we don't need, but it screens out EVERYTHING and "sniffs" ONLY for gold very well from all my research. So, something really good with large amount of gold, but screens out everything else, and we don't need super-deep penetration. (We believe it must be no more than 12-15 inches deep)

So, I am sure we need as large as possible coil(to get us deep as possible), but what is out there in market that has proven itself to be able to locate gold well in mineralized soils?? ACE250 is giving us false signals all the time!! (we dig them, signal disappears...ughhh...)

Thanks in advance!!

Piece of advice: 90% of finding the cache depends on seeking professional dowser's services, this will save time, effort and money.

Last edited:
OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Piece of advice: 90% of finding the cache depends on seeking professional dowser's services, this will save time, effort and money.

I appreciate that!! Can you recommend the best one for me please? thnx. ;-)

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elhit29 beat me to it...I was going to suggest the services of a dowser. That saves a lot of time and money.

elhit29

Oct 24, 2012
Planet Earth
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Elhit29 beat me to it...I was going to suggest the services of a dowser. That saves a lot of time and money.

Unfortunately most people in this treasure hunting business are possessed with what I call "The Loser Mentality" due to on-going endless failures for so many years regarding dealing with "treasure hunting" situations.. they ultimately become desparate.. then when it happens they deal with real professional map dowsers, they tend to impose their rules and demands because deep inside them they are "Loser Mentality Oriented", whereas they should be grateful and feel the blessings of saving efforts, agony, time and money.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately most people in this treasure hunting business are possessed with what I call "The Loser Mentality" due to on-going endless failures for so many years regarding dealing with "treasure hunting" situations.. they ultimately become desparate.. then when it happens they deal with real professional map dowsers, they tend to impose their rules and demands because deep inside them they are "Loser Mentality Oriented", whereas they should be grateful and feel the blessings of saving efforts, agony, time and money.
Elhit29- I wholeheartedly agree that the services of a dowser are a huge blessing.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Elhit29- I wholeheartedly agree that the services of a dowser are a huge blessing.

Wow! These dowsing professionals must be super rich!!!! Imagine all the caches they have discovered. Any worth mentioning?

BTW miboje: I noticed you are a new member, so maybe you do, or maybe you don't know elhit29 is the dowsing expert he would like mlrbiusandneo to hire.

So of course the dowser endorses the use of a dowser, and sometimes even getting a friend or alter ego to back them up in a forum thread.

I'd say we were crystal clear, don't you? TV

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
hard work if you know its there keep lookig and keep your mouth shut or youwillbe sharing it with all of us

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End it or a mod will..

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I sold my 2-box. Bought it new, but sold it for lots less than I payed for after I did my test on it. I bought 30 rolls of pennies at the bank and buried them in a plastic container at 20 inches. Came back a week later and never found it. It was fall when I buried late at night in a park. Yes, I recall it had simple controls. It was red in color. Had a long aluminum rod to hold each box at each end, then a shoulder strap to carry it. Gemini sounds like might have been it. Never found those rolls of pennies, so just got rid of that 2-box thingy.

The info was mentioned a "pouch" when last seen by the wife in the house.
I am sure that there is one happy treasure hunter who found your bag of pennies, with a regular detector. I am sure that they are wondering who bury the bag. Best of luck in purchasing a new 2 box detector. There are many members here who are allow to sell detectors. Best of luck, and let us know what you had purchased.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Does "end it" include the general forum members being labeled as having "loser mentality"? Just wondering, because I took it as ridicule and pressure by elhit29 in an effort to promote a paid service.

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A two box detector is no good for a coin cache unless it is in a metal container, detection ability is not is increased very much with multiple coins. The detector only sees the largest in the pile pluss maybe a little more.

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This post is not aimed as an insult to the dowsers on this forum, but it IS a fact that is related to what I'll call the "dowsing debate". But first I can say that through my 40+ years of historical research, I've uncovered dozens and dozen's (more than 100 maybe?) of documented stories of people bringing in dowsers to find treasure. The stories span about 150 years. In NO case, in MY files, was treasure ever found by the dowser, even though treasure WAS found later by someone on the same land as the dowser "worked", in about two dozen of those stories.

A few years back I was doing some research on dowsers. I made up a fictitious treasure that consisted of $50,000 in gold coins buried in a hole on a 2 acre "orchard" on a farm in the 1880's. I contacted 8 local dowsers in my area. I met with them in person. I offered to bring them in as partners for a full share of the gold coins recovered if they would help me search. I let them know that the site was within 20 miles of where we lived. I had full permission in writing from the landowner to search the ground. I also told them that I had walked every foot of that ground but never saw any clues to where the gold might be. No depressions, no old trees, no big rocks, nothing there, just bare flat ground where the orchard used to be.

Results:
1 dowser got an "emergency" phone call while I was there and said he had to leave immediately. Left him my contact info. Never contacted me back.

6 dowsers said they would LOVE to help me search for it, but they only work on a "paid" basis. So they passed on the offer for a chance to be a partner in the recovery of what in today's gold prices would have been worth over $4,000,000 dollars in gold content alone. Their "cut" would have been over one million dollars for a few hours work. (Or "0" if nothing was found) Maybe they didn't want to take a chance on finding nothing and wasting their time?

One dowser said he DEFINATELY wanted a "piece of that" and would call me back in 2 days after he finished 2 "projects" he was working on. Never called me back.

If the dowsers on this forum get offended, that's ok. You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am, and I WILL NOT get into a hateful debate or name calling with you. Maybe dowsing DOES work for you, I wouldn't know, so I couldn't disagree with you. I'm only relating my experience.

As a side note, I also talked with two people that sold the so-called "Long Range Locaters" that I've seen posted on this forum. I wanted more info, "because for the life of me", I couldn't figure out why they were spending their time posting in a forum if they had equipment that could locate gold from as much as, let's say, 1/4 away? I mean if I could find gold hoards just by jumping in my car, driving down the hwy and pointing THAT thing out my window, I figured I could be richer than King Midas, and I sure wouldn't have time to be in here posting on a forum. Nor would I be trying to sell any "Locators"! I mean, that would be "chicken feed" compared to what THOSE things can do!

So I called up the 'Long Range Locator" dealers and I asked them the same questions that I had. Why are you spending time posting on a forum? Why are you using your time in sales and marketing these units when you can go out and uncover millions of dollars with your equipment? I mean, to me those were sensible, honest questions. But THEY didn't see it like that. Let's just say that in the end, THEY didn't see it that way and invited me to never call them again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions