Gold Cube Tubing

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I remember right I found some suitable hose at Ace hardware.

As to hose length...bear in mind that bilge pumps lose volume pumping (GPH) capabilities the higher the lift height. If that is the reason for wanting a longer hose then you may also need a higher GPH pump to compensate the difference.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember right I found some suitable hose at Ace hardware.

As to hose length...bear in mind that bilge pumps lose volume pumping (GPH) capabilities the higher the lift height. If that is the reason for wanting a longer hose then you may also need a higher GPH pump to compensate the difference.

Good luck.

I don't mean like 10 feet longer. Just maybe a foot or so. I have a stronger pump as well. Didn't think of Ace! Thanks!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bilge pump hose comes in different diameters, so be aware when purchasing. Most marine supply stores carry it, Big Bass Pro, and so does Home Depot.
If you are not in a big hurry you can find the best prices online.

GG~

Last edited:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh man, at first by the topic heading I thought you were going to ask about a cube floating on a tire inner-tube.
All I saw in my mind was sloshing, tipping and losing fine gold.....my bad :dontknow:

I'm all in now :hello:

BoydBros

Jul 28, 2019
Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab GoldMonster 1000
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey All,
I'd assume that the cube would go under the sluicing category. I wanted to upgrade my hose to a more flexible and durable hose. Maybe a longer one as well. Anyone ever upgraded their hosing?

had the same issues as you, here's is what I ordered from Amazon to solve them:

Marpac New Marine Boat RNF Bilgeflex Hose 1-1/8 x 10 7-2775
https://www.amazon.com/MARPAC-MARINE-BOAT-Bilgeflex-7-2775/dp/B00ZSYADV4

10pcs Double Wire Hose Clips Adjustable Double Wire Water Hose Barb Clamp Pipe Clip Hoop Plumbing Fastener
https://www.amazon.com/Double-Adjustable-Plumbing-Fastener-32mm(28-32)/dp/B07DVKM5CD

BoydBros

Jul 28, 2019
Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab GoldMonster 1000
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I didn't choose the type of tubing in your link is because it's corrugated INSIDE and out. I choose the smooth inside w/outer wire corrugated as I didn't want the back pressure/turbulence/restrictions created by the corrugation inside.
For high pressure, I run smooth pressure hose, but these small bilge pumps are running low pressure, you may gain a touch more water with the smooth pressure hose, but with little or no restriction from pressure already, is it worth double the price?
That's nice hose, how much is the weight difference? Do you need to weight down the pump or does the hose stay flexible?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread