gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1909

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
in the "georgia virtual vault" archives there is are 2 old state of georgia -- gold deposit maps. that clearly show the gold bearing areas in georgia . :wink:

how to find and get em --
type in --"georgia virtual vault" -- do search -- click on link that comes up --when "home page" comes up -- look on left hand side find --"historic maps" --click on it -- then click on-- "browse historic maps" -- once it comes up --look on page #2 --maps #33 and #39 --- click on these maps--they can be zoomed in on to see exactly the areas that interest you -- and by using the "print screen" button you can make your own "free maps"--good luck --Ivan

yspydery

Mar 21, 2009
ivan salis said:
in the "georgia virtual vault" archives there is are 2 old state of georgia -- gold deposit maps. that clearly show the gold bearing areas in georgia . :wink:

how to find and get em --
type in --"georgia virtual vault" -- do search -- click on link that comes up --when "home page" comes up -- look on left hand side find --"historic maps" --click on it -- then click on-- "browse historic maps" -- once it comes up --look on page #2 --maps #33 and #39 --- click on these maps--they can be zoomed in on to see exactly the areas that interest you -- and by using the "print screen" button you can make your own "free maps"--good luck --Ivan
:icon_sunny:

Thanks a lot
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
congrats--- out of 142 lookers --you were the only one to say "thank you" -- which shows that you have both style and class * --by the way your welcome , hope you find much gold via the knowledge these maps provide --the 1909 is better suited for making blown up "mini maps" of the areas your interested in --- using the built in zoom featureon the map , find and blow up the area your interested in --and then press the "print screen" button -- (basically you take a photo of the screen as you see it )--then click the minimize (-) top right hand side symbol -- then goopen - a word program and then go under edit and "paste" it in -- then save it and print out your own home made "free" gold bearing area map --tada that simple.--- free gold bearing area maps of the area you want to hunt in (not bad for free) huh.

Tecumseh

Feb 23, 2007
Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1

Wow, thanks for the info!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
your welcome #2 "thank you" of 153 lookers (thats about a 1 thank you per 75 lookers ratio -- its really sad when you give folks info (for free) that could make them money and they will not even say thanks for it -- but thats just the way things are these days I guess)---again I wish you good luck. Ivan

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Ivan, your love of history and the willful sharing of knowledge is most appreciated. Thanks for posting to this group and the many others you contribute to.

Let me know if you get any new leads on the Queen's Jewels. ;D

Stan

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
frankly I honestly think some of the queens jewels have been found at some the 1715 wreck sites ---but I also think that some of the rest of the missing" queen's dowery" items ---were recovered right after the wrecks occured and were sent forth on the baralonga* that sank in nassau sound --- once the govenor of cuba (torres) got word that the 1715 fleet ( which he know were carrying royal treasure items as well as the silver ) had wrecked he sent several "rescue and treasure recovery vessels" --- one of which was to gather the royal treasure otems and some select VIP's from the wreck sites and take them onward to spain (the king was eagerly awaiting the dowery gifts" to give to his bride to butter her up with)--- this vessel was quietly loaded with the "royal" goods and VIP'S only to wreck later in nassau sound about 40 mikes NORTHWARD of St Augustine.

* in the P.S. note at the bottom alexander spotswood's ( the english govenor of virgina -- at the time ) letter of Oct. 24th, 1715 to the british home sec. Stanhope -- its noted in the letter---" a barcalonga sent from havana to take off the contenient some passengers of distinction and treasure is like wize castaway about 40 miles northward of st augustine"--- thus spotswood KNOWS --the type of vessel it was (barcalonga), the place it came from(havana) --where it went (to the fleet wreck site) and what it was carrying(VIP's and IMPORTANT ROYAL ITEMS and where it when down at ABOUT 40 MILES NORTH OF ST AUGUSTINE* -- its all very very neatly wrapped up -- if one but reads the letter . --- now the big question is HOW did spotswood comeby this info? -- well it seems that govenor spotswood had dealings with the "english" pirates --that raided the spanish silver camps ( thuis fact was noted by none other than the forner author --of the book "the funnel of gold"-- who was the former head of the smithoniton ) --- either thru these pirates ( who might have ran accross any survivors got the info and the gotten rid of the survivor to keep it "quiet") or thru his "spy network" that he used during the war --- spotswood was good at intell gathering --he was the one who find out the info on and sic'ed LT Mayanard on Blackbread -- to find out intel on blackbeard was no easy task I bet.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info.

HH

tri trackers

Feb 8, 2008
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Golden Umax, BH Pioneer 202
Re: gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1

Thanks Ivan I love to read your posts!!
I am really into researching also.
Thanks again,
tt

Chewbaby

Dec 22, 2008
Sebastian, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
This is AWESOME....I am originally from Norcross and moved to Florida about 3 yrs. ago and I am going home for the holiday's
in November. My Step-dad wants to go detecting together in the Dahlonega area and these old GOLD maps could help us determine were we would like to hunt.
Excellent site
Thank You :icon_thumright:

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
i live in north ga and man thes posts are interesting , i hope one day to become certified in scuba diving , if i could just find the time , id love to dive on an old ship wreck wow ,!
thanks for the great info
reed

bugbitingme

Mar 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack (BH Landstar)
My first time reading this thread, and man what a treasure in itself this is. Thank you for posting the link instructions.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
any time bug --I help folks when I can --if you live in ga --these maps are VERY USEFUL --- you can even use the zoom on the map sites to close in on just the areas you want to see and then by using "print screen" make your "own" home made hot spot area maps for free . --can't beat that.

bugbitingme

Mar 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack (BH Landstar)
ivan salis said:
any time bug --I help folks when I can --if you live in ga --these maps are VERY USEFUL --- you can even use the zoom on the map sites to close in on just the areas you want to see and then by using "print screen" make your "own" home made hot spot area maps for free . --can't beat that.
I learned that quickly. Zoomed to an area of interest and printed. Got out a recent map and started plotting a plan of attack. I live in Cobb County and my son lives in Paulding. This should be fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions