gold detecotor

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Golddigger, well $1500 is an awkward amount too little for a new Minelab pi and more than what you would pay for a good vlf machine ( this would be a handicap in Aussie anyway as mineralization will make it crazy).
My best advise would be to buy a Gold Snoop Pro - Google this and Jack Lange, who is the aussie who developed them for use there, you can read up on some of the success they have had with them.
You can then put your extra money into a really good gps, and going out on one or two guided gold tours to get some great skills and tips going for you. If you do this and keep at it, you can buy a Minelab 5000 when you find a good patch and keep the Gold Snoop for a backup or loaner. Unless you have a lot of detecting and mining experience this would be the way to go.
You could also buy a Garrett Infinium for about that money - this is a pi machine, but probably wont perform any better than the Gold Snoop if as well, when it comes to finding the good stuff in hot ground. I have spent time detecting in the eastern states and there is plenty of hot rocks and hot ground there, more and worse, they tell me in W.A.
Check out the gold prospecting part of this site, and the Aussie forums too. Good luck, Nuggy

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You have a few options when it comes to gold:

1)A VLF metal detector. Look for one that is higher frequency...some gold detectors range from 14KHz up to 50KHz. The higher the frequency, the more sensitive it will be to small gold nuggets.

2) A Pulse Induction (PI) detector. I would not normally recommend one of these to someone who has not used a metal detector before, but from what I understand, many VLF detectors are almost useless in the Aussie gold country.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
golddigger2 said:
could some one please help me find a good gold detecotor brand new for around 1500 dollars and i live in austraila thankyou idont now what too buy ??????????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Minelab, being made in Australia, actually cost more there. Look into a Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, or a Fisher Goldbug II. These two VLF machines are under US$800.00 and will handle your hot soils easily!

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab, being made in Australia, actually cost more there. Look into a Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, or a Fisher Goldbug II. These two VLF machines are under US$800.00 and will handle your hot soils easily!
[/quote]

LOL if only this were true _ The gold bug 2 can be used in Aussie, if you don't mind continuous ground balancing and ear rending shrieks from hot rocks every few seconds and very limited depth capability. I tried one in Victoria and NSW. While I did find gold it was not an experience most people would want to repeat. The amount of ground that can be properly covered is very limited, signals of one kind or another every few inches!
The Gold bug 2 is a fine machine in the right place finding tiny bits of gold in most types of ground, but Australian soils are way way way more mineralized than most. Some whole hills assay as 50% iron! Go there and try it, before you make up your mind as what will work. Nuggy

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher Goldbug II :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
G

golddigger2

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2011
golddigger2 said:
could some one please help me find a good gold detecotor brand new for around 1500 dollars and i live in austraila thankyou idont now what too buy ??????????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
ok thank,s everyone what about a whites tdi pro would go alright here??????????? ??? ??? ???

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nuggy said:

LOL if only this were true _ The gold bug 2 can be used in Aussie, if you don't mind continuous ground balancing and ear rending shrieks from hot rocks every few seconds and very limited depth capability. I tried one in Victoria and NSW. While I did find gold it was not an experience most people would want to repeat. The amount of ground that can be properly covered is very limited, signals of one kind or another every few inches!
The Gold bug 2 is a fine machine in the right place finding tiny bits of gold in most types of ground, but Australian soils are way way way more mineralized than most. Some whole hills assay as 50% iron! Go there and try it, before you make up your mind as what will work. Nuggy
[/quote]

I totally agree with you Nuggy. The man asked for a budget machine that would handle the soil over there. Again, try to locate a used Minelab GPX, (earlier model) or the Eureka Gold.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
PLEASE, call your local dealer. Here is my recommendation, and dealer to seek. He is reputable and fair.

http://www.treasureenterprises.com/Metal Detectors/Metal Detectors & Accessories/Eureka Gold.htm

minela19.jpg
EUREKA GOLD

This metal detector is possibly the most popular inexpensive metal detector for gold prospecting in Australia, used to detect gold nuggets in areas (of up to) high mineralization but not extreme "hot" ground mineralized conditions. It is a magnificent detector for the serious weekend prospector as it can locate both large and small gold nuggets.

It is ideal for those gold prospecting in Queensland and New South Wales where the mineralized ground is not as severe in most places as opposed to the goldfields in parts of Victoria and the whole of Western Australia where it is extremely iron mineralized. Please contact us for further information if you intend traveling to these states.

The EUREKA GOLD can be operated on three different frequencies. 6.4 kHz for deep and large nuggets, 20 kHz for medium sized nuggets and 60 kHz for very small nuggets. When using this detector, it’s best that you use each of the frequency modes when searching the area. If you do this … you won’t lose any gold nuggets..

SPECIFICATIONS: The unit comes with a two piece adjustable rod and the newly designed control box can be fitted in 2 different positions. A comfortable arm rest and cover are also supplied, together with a NiMH Rechargeable Battery pack and 240 volt Mains Charger. The standard 10" DD Elliptical ‘easy-sweep’ search coil is ideal for most prospecting conditions. If the detector is being used for a period of time, we recommend the optional Hip mount Bag which can be worn around the waist.

FEATURES: The EUREKA GOLD has a new form of ground balancing that can null the iron mineralization in the ground thus giving better depth and response on targets. The new ‘Accu-Trak’ Digital Ground Balance has both Fast and Slow (2 Speed) Ground Tracking which is ideal for different ground conditions. The variable Discrimination mode can be used to reject iron targets whilst in any frequency.

Our easy step-by-step operational sheet including tips and techniques is also supplied with each detector purchased.

To sum up, this detector is a great unit and is extremely popular for those who wish to do some serious gold prospecting.

OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES that can be purchased are: 11" Round coil, 12 volt Auto Charger, Alkaline Battery Pack, Hip mount / Control Box Bag, Full Length Carry Bag and Headphones.

WARRANTY: 3 Years on the Control Box and Search Coil.

Attachments

• EurekaGold&Nuggets.jpg
    EurekaGold&Nuggets.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 447

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
golddigger2 said:
golddigger2 said:
ok thank,s everyone what about a whites tdi pro would go alright here??????????? ??? ??? ???
You can find a few of them on Ebay on auction right now....That's a bad sign. I have friends that are not too happy with it.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a Minelab Eureka Gold and while it is ok here and will handle some mineralization, the Snoop just ignores it all, runs quiet, finds gold - outperforming machines 4 times the price - ideal for a noob in Auzzie. Get some local advice - ring Miners Den, Jack Lange or any of the gold prospecting stores over there. Google them up for ph no or email address. Nuggy

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
golddigger2 said:
golddigger2 said:

I have one on order and it should be delivered today! There is one specifically made for your area:

The all new TDI-Pro -Oz Series- is specifically calibrated for prospecting in the Australian goldfields.
An affordable, pulse induction, ground-balancing detector , The TDI is capable of remarkable depth and extreme sensitivity even in the worst types of mineralised soils.

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/tdi-pro-oz-series.html

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nuggy said:
...the Snoop just ignores it all, runs quiet, finds gold - outperforming machines 4 times the price - ideal for a noob in Auzzie. Get some local advice - ring Miners Den, Jack Lange or any of the gold prospecting stores over there. Google them up for ph no or email address. Nuggy

LMAO! :laughing7:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TDI or TDI pro, oh and i would look into the new GMT
whites has an 800 #

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
golddigger2 said:
ok what about a garret infurinum ls then would that work here ?????? ??? ??? ??? ???

C'mon dude. If you are going Pulse Induction, just get a used Minelab SD 2200. If you are staying wiyth a VLF, get a Fisher Goldbug 2; a Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ; or a Whites GMT. I prospect in the same soil (iron rich and red) as you will encounter. There are very few machines that can handle it. Minelab Eureka Gold is another good VLF - but out of your price range? Your question has been answered - the rest is OPINION.

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
I'm in Ecuador in Gold bearing areas almost everyday 2 guys I hunt with often have 4500 minelabs PI machines
I use Whites TDI pro . I can Honestly say I would not trade even across even though they paid 3 times as much
I also have the new GMT . Which is great for super fine Gold and simple to use.
But the more I use the TDI pro I have to say this is one hell of a machine.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Landfar said:
I'm in Ecuador in Gold bearing areas almost everyday 2 guys I hunt with often have 4500 minelabs PI machines
I use Whites TDI pro . I can Honestly say I would not trade even across even though they paid 3 times as much
I also have the new GMT . Which is great for super fine Gold and simple to use.
But the more I use the TDI pro I have to say this is one hell of a machine.

Hello LandFar! Way cool post! I have heard mixed reviews for the TDI. Folks either hate it, or like you, LOVE it! I have never used the machine, so I can't comment. I have used the Minelab GPX 4000, and 4500 in the goldfields of Arizona. I can't see trading either one for a TDI. Looking forward to seeing your finds! :hello:

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
Ok will post finds I'm heading back into the Jungle soon and will post the pictures . I've never posted pics here before actually I'm new to this fourm . So I assuming its not to difficult.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions