Gold in concrete

suberdave

May 22, 2012
Eagle Rock CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, got the gold fever again. Had surgery on my knee so I busted out my sluice box and the dirt/ rocks/ black sands Iā€™ve been horsing since my last surgery in 2016. Iā€™ve gone through my probably 20lbs of black sand washed it and used mercury. Got a good ball of amalgamation.
I have some old concrete from my house, 1925, just wondering if itā€™s worth the trouble to crush it?
Thanks. Oh, swept the floor of my shed filtered the dirt an go a little piece of gold. In 2016 I did the same and found about 12 colors in my pan???? Why is this happening? First pic is 2016. Second pic is last week. Thanks.

Attachments

• E5487F15-3F72-453D-81BC-1700432D6456.png
    E5487F15-3F72-453D-81BC-1700432D6456.png
    573.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 19463EAF-A3DA-43F7-B3FD-072D8DC71F40.jpeg
    19463EAF-A3DA-43F7-B3FD-072D8DC71F40.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Upvote 0

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, got the gold fever again. Had surgery on my knee so I busted out my sluice box and the dirt/ rocks/ black sands Iā€™ve been horsing since my last surgery in 2016. Iā€™ve gone through my probably 20lbs of black sand washed it and used mercury. Got a good ball of amalgamation.
I have some old concrete from my house, 1925, just wondering if itā€™s worth the trouble to crush it?
Thanks. Oh, swept the floor of my shed filtered the dirt an go a little piece of gold. In 2016 I did the same and found about 12 colors in my pan???? Why is this happening? First pic is 2016. Second pic is last week. Thanks.
Your one sick puppy! Crushing concrete to pan gold? NO.

Four possibilities about the dirt you have swept up from your shop floor.
1. You are mistaken about it being gold.
2. You spilled some of your concentrates and it had some flour gold.
3. Your tracking gold in on the bottom of your boots.
4. Your pulling our legs.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Depending on where your cement company gets their sand / gravel at ,I've bought sand from Home depot years back and I have seen fine gold in it. DONT buy it if you don't need the sand for a project because there isn't enough fine gold in it to be worthwhile!

OP
OP
S

suberdave

May 22, 2012
Eagle Rock CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your one sick puppy! Crushing
Your one sick puppy! Crushing concrete to pan gold? NO.

concrete to pan gold? NO.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Thanks tesorodeoro, I take that as a compliment. Iā€™ve seen people, and Iā€™ve done it, bought sand from Home Depot to run my sluice box, didnā€™t find anything in it, anywho, did cement companies back in the early 1900s clean their sand and concrete for gold?
I kind of have a theory about how gold ends up on my floor. I mage a rock crusher out of a 4ā€™ fence post, welded a piece on one end so it stands. I had a tiny hole in my weld, and I think thatā€™s where the gold was escaping from. I made sure to weld it so nothing came out. This time around, it might have fallen out when I was emptying the rock crusher.
I would never pull your leg tesoro, unless you were head first in a mine and couldnā€™t get out. Thanks. Happy hunting

OP
OP
S

suberdave

May 22, 2012
Eagle Rock CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on where your cement company gets their sand / gravel at ,I've bought sand from Home depot years back and I have seen fine gold in it. DONT buy it if you don't need the sand for a project because there isn't enough fine gold in it to be worthwhile!
I did the same to test my sluice box, didnā€™t find anything in it. The concrete is from my 1925 house. Not sure if they cleaned or ran their material back then. Thanks for the response.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Thanks tesorodeoro, I take that as a compliment. Iā€™ve seen people, and Iā€™ve done it, bought sand from Home Depot to run my sluice box, didnā€™t find anything in it, anywho, did cement companies back in the early 1900s clean their sand and concrete for gold?
I kind of have a theory about how gold ends up on my floor. I mage a rock crusher out of a 4ā€™ fence post, welded a piece on one end so it stands. I had a tiny hole in my weld, and I think thatā€™s where the gold was escaping from. I made sure to weld it so nothing came out. This time around, it might have fallen out when I was emptying the rock crusher.
I would never pull your leg tesoro, unless you were head first in a mine and couldnā€™t get out. Thanks. Happy hunting
Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m missing the boat. Got a cut bank that produces carved chunks of gold and there are folks out there that would probably pay for the gamble. Problem is itā€™s not river concentrates, much easier panning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread