Gold in Nebraska

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I have a friend in Omaha (Nebraskadad ) that invited me to come on up and meet up with some of his friends on some private land to dredge. BUT I never could make it there for some reason or the other. They were getting fine gold .

OP
OP
J

Jameslewis

Greenie
Dec 3, 2021
Wow
I have a friend in Omaha (Nebraskadad ) that invited me to come on up and meet up with some of his friends on some private land to dredge. BUT I never could make it there for some reason or the other. They were getting fine gold .
that is good new. I've been trying to find a spot to find gold in Nebraska. I no its here I just need to find the right spot. I wish I new a person. Im apart of the gpaa but there land is so far away. So that's why I'm searching for a spot here in Nebraska.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I don't know where you live BUT, the Missouri River has gold in it ! I'm assuming your a younger person without the $$$$ money to invest on equipment (dredge) or even if you'd want to go that route with equipment. Back when that's the way I went for around 30 year's and now that I'm old and wore out (75) I ended up selling all my equipment to a young guy from the Chicago area. I really hated to do it BUT I was/am wore out! I wouldn't trade that time for anything and I am glad I did it back then or I probly wouldn't have been able to do it at all !

OP
OP
J

Jameslewis

Greenie
Dec 3, 2021
I don't know where you live BUT, the Missouri River has gold in it ! I'm assuming your a younger person without the $$$$ money to invest on equipment (dredge) or even if you'd want to go that route with equipment. Back when that's the way I went for around 30 year's and now that I'm old and wore out (75) I ended up selling all my equipment to a young guy from the Chicago area. I really hated to do it BUT I was/am wore out! I wouldn't trade that time for anything and I am glad I did it back then or I probly wouldn't have been able to do it at all !
I'm 39 and have about 3 grand to invest but I cant without a piece of land to go to. To bad I dont no anyone around here to invest with cause that would be the best for me. Just need to find the land that has gold then I can find investors or get more money if the land was promising .

OP
OP
J

Jameslewis

Greenie
Dec 3, 2021
I live in Fremont Nebraska.

OP
OP
J

Jameslewis

Greenie
Dec 3, 2021
I'm very ambitious and ready to get to work if I could only find the right spot to go to. Missouri river would be great now to find a good spot to go to. I've been to niobrara but it's all sand there on the missouri river. I'll have to check the map and find another access point then.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found an article that should give you some indication as to where to start prospecting near you. Google "nebraska state spotlight - gold prospectors of america".
I would do a little research and prospect in creeks or gulches that run through known glacial terminal areas.

Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jameslewis

Greenie
Dec 3, 2021
I found an article that should give you some indication as to where to start prospecting near you. Google "nebraska state spotlight - gold prospectors of america".
I would do a little research and prospect in creeks or gulches that run through known glacial terminal areas.

Good luck.
Thank you and I have done research and I have a map showing me where gold came down from the glacier deposits are in Nebraska. Its really hard to find land that isnt owned bye someone. Makes it really hard to go to a place and search. I attached them to this post if you want to take a look.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220223-172658_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-172658_Samsung Internet.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20220223-172704_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-172704_Samsung Internet.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20220223-172944_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-172944_Samsung Internet.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
J

Jameslewis

Greenie
Dec 3, 2021
I am apart of the gpaa but there closes claim is in south Dakota. I want to find gold in Nebraska. I am in Fremont Nebraska.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go to mylandmatters website, learn how to use it, search for claims in the areas you seek. If there's any worthwhile gold in the area(s) there will be claims. This will at least tell where gold has been found.....
good luck!

Eagleman

Jun 8, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD-2, White's TDI-SL, My design of, PI detector, also BFO type detector, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am old corn husker and when I was little guy there was gold found up state in the Missouri river. My grandfather and Grand uncle use to work a spot up there. Good luck on your adventure

Papa-t

Greenie
Apr 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E706F113-EF2A-4071-A9AE-A92B5FF7BB9C.jpeg
3EC449E6-2645-46C1-AAF3-C0EEA2DC20DB.jpeg
71717758-DE5D-4868-96D4-10043209EB6F.jpeg
When I was younger; 30’s and 40’s I owned a 6 HP Honda Power Sluice & 3 inch Dredge Combination. Had it modified some with a stainless screen in the hopper box to clean rocks better and gold hog matting. I had that thing dialed in. It caught the gold. With the combo I could actually suck a pile of dirt right off the dry ground. Or use it as a high banker or set up with a longer hose to dredge. I was more in to prospecting then. I also had a Keene backpack dredge for small creeks that I prospected in. I messed up some disc in my back in a car accident and my gold buddy moved out of state and I kinda lost interest. I still hit the creeks in the NC mountains once in a while with my bazooka and pans but sold all of my big equipment. Found gold in areas where it hadn’t been reported but never tracked down the source. Still own my pans and a bazooka gold trap sluice box. Maybe one day I’ll get back more serious again or die off with my secret spot. Lol here’s a picture of the Keene’s I owned and my bazooka.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2017669 View attachment 2017668 View attachment 2017667 When I was younger; 30’s and 40’s I owned a 6 HP Honda Power Sluice & 3 inch Dredge Combination. Had it modified some with a stainless screen in the hopper box to clean rocks better and gold hog matting. I had that thing dialed in. It caught the gold. With the combo I could actually suck a pile of dirt right off the dry ground. Or use it as a high banker or set up with a longer hose to dredge. I was more in to prospecting then. I also had a Keene backpack dredge for small creeks that I prospected in. I messed up some disc in my back in a car accident and my gold buddy moved out of state and I kinda lost interest. I still hit the creeks in the NC mountains once in a while with my bazooka and pans but sold all of my big equipment. Found gold in areas where it hadn’t been reported but never tracked down the source. Still own my pans and a bazooka gold trap sluice box. Maybe one day I’ll get back more serious again or die off with my secret spot. Lol here’s a picture of the Keene’s I owned and my bazooka.
“When I was younger; 30’s and 40’s I owned a 6 HP Honda Power Sluice & 3 inch Dredge Combination. “ Ya right gramps.

Papa-t

Greenie
Apr 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does that mean? Don’t believe me or what? Just saying what I use to have 8 years or so ago when I was full on prospecting. Did that offend you or something?

Last edited:

Papa-t

Greenie
Apr 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess Tesorodeoro didn’t want to respond as to what upset him from my post. I didn’t mean to take away from the discussion I was just trying to give some insight experience as to what has worked for me. To Jameslewis I apologize for this taking a different route.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread