Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Vid!:hello2:

Here is my favorite Feather River nugget. Photo by Clay Diggins.:skullflag:

Attachments

• Stanton 002.jpg
    Stanton 002.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 305

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will Wilcox, "The Nugget Man" with his famous Feather River nugget - 33-Troy Ounces:skullflag:

Attachments

• TheNuggetMan.jpg
    TheNuggetMan.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 229

Brivic1

Feb 20, 2013
Magalia, Nor Calif. formaly Vic. Australia
Detector(s) used
A2b groundhog/ whites GM3/ Vsat, and TDI.
13hp 5" jawcrusher, Dryblower, recirc. HB.
F md-20............ Goldbug Pro / 5"and 10" coils
Whites TDI several coils............... My own dowsing tools

Primary Interest:
Other
G'day fellas... thats sure some nice finds , and from my local river too. But how about me asking yu-all a question[ without hi jacking this thread]
Years ago I went to public works in Oroville and asked the boss there if I could detect for gold on an un- used road right of way, an easement that they had not put a road on it yet...... The answer was yes

The other day I found gold beside a highway in the county . The road was active. it was Skyway,, out beyond DeSabla , on the way to Inskip...

The road is 30 feet wide at the spot and the easement for it is 120 feet wide...... the grass and whatever is where I want to search.
Because it is an active road................. what do you reckon. ...???

I figure to stay at leat 15 feet away from the blacktop and work towards and long the border of the private property
Found a small picker. figure there is more .. I have a good knowlecge of where NOT to detect ... but lets hear your ideas. Thanks ...

OP
OP
Smithsgold

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a question for you do you think the gold came from this spot or was trucked in with Gravel as fill for the road ??

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Three people on this forum from Butte Co, nice! Brivic I've been up that highway hundreds of times over the last 30 years. This year I've been up there a couple times prospecting and I'm wondering if your area has large weather worn boulders in it? Not trying to snipe your spot but that was/is an area I wanted to detect, unfortunately I don't have a PI detector and the VLF I use is not a great one. I also worry that as soon as the shovel meets the dirt an official well be there to say I'm doing something wrong!

ButteCo.Bedrock

Mar 2, 2017
NorCal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three people on this forum from Butte Co, nice! Brivic I've been up that highway hundreds of times over the last 30 years. This year I've been up there a couple times prospecting and I'm wondering if your area has large weather worn boulders in it? Not trying to snipe your spot but that was/is an area I wanted to detect, unfortunately I don't have a PI detector and the VLF I use is not a great one. I also worry that as soon as the shovel meets the dirt an official well be there to say I'm doing something wrong!

In general SPI does not care as long as you are not driving on one of their gated roads. I've hunted that general area and not done well.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any of you Paradise area folks remember "Gold seekers"?? I was a partner there, miss the area a little too,, clear out to Twain, I lived there, right On the river. Prospected the heck out of Butte county, and all counties north to the Oregon Border and beyond.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a little antique store in Paradise called Gold Seekers. It's still kickin'.

Well, if the Connors, Gary Or Maralyn, Shaun run it then it's the same Good people..

The Paradise TREASURE is going to call me back to investigate, then will look up some old friends, do a little flying out of the Cut into the hillside airport, (That can be fun on a hot day.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Smithsgold

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8585 Skyway
Paradise, California

Call (530) 872-1993

https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoldseekersNewAndUsed/about/?ref=page_internal

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8585 Skyway
Paradise, California

Call (530) 872-1993

https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoldseekersNewAndUsed/about/?ref=page_internal

Thanks SmithsGold, I called up and Talked to my friends today,,, First time in Years, was happy to find them in good health and working at the shop on their days off. Gary still has some mining equipment at home, 5" dredge etc that he might part with if anyone has a Hankering for the world of diving for gold.

They are mostly New and second hand things now, Good People.

OP
OP
Smithsgold

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks SmithsGold, I called up and Talked to my friends today,,, First time in Years, was happy to find them in good health and working at the shop on their days off. Gary still has some mining equipment at home, 5" dredge etc that he might part with if anyone has a Hankering for the world of diving for gold.

They are mostly New and second hand things now, Good People.

Glad I could help !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread