P3190348.JPG
    448.3 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 31

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This bunch I soaked overnight in Whink all day in muriatic the first photo is after the Whink. All day in muriatic cleaned a lot of the red out. I rinsed in clear water three times let it dry not weighed yet. Sure, looks rich I guess we should test a little. Before we bring in the heavy equipment lol.
Crap! Depending on the situation and accessibility, I think I’d be considering trucking the entire dump to an offsite location where it can be crushed and processed. I’d certainly be taking some random samples and crushing and panning to see if there is gold you are missing with the detector.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crap! Depending on the situation and accessibility, I think I’d be considering trucking the entire dump to an offsite location where it can be crushed and processed. I’d certainly be taking some random samples and crushing and panning to see if there is gold you are missing with the detector.
We have been crushing and panning some random oxidized samples from this dump. Its full of micro gold finely disseminated particles of gold. My son is taking some samples to the experts in town before we go too crazy. Overnight soak in muriatic doesn't touch it except for the rock. The last batch in the pan was 70 grams My son just called from town it's Gold and the samples are worth spot price.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have been crushing and panning some random oxidized samples from this dump. Its full of micro gold finely disseminated particles of gold. My son is taking some samples to the experts in town before we go too crazy. Overnight soak in muriatic doesn't touch it except for the rock. The last batch in the pan was 70 grams My son just called from town it's Gold and the samples are worth spot price.
Good news. Tell you what, the initial find may just pay for some processing equipment (jaw crusher, roller pulverized, table, water tanks) where you can continue tinkering around with hard rock for the rest of your life. Not to mention setting your grandkids up for a treasure hunting future. I’m sure you could set up a recirculating crusher system.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold, nice specimens, nice finds! :coffee2: Once a prospector shop in Quartzsite. told me how they clean gold nuggets. A 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water put in a bottle. Then salt added for to shake bottle giving slight abrasive action. They said soaking overnight without shaking doesn't work very well. I substituted construction silica (as once used in plaster on walls) but might not be able to find it now, because of silica lung hazards. I would wear latex gloves and scrub with old toothbrush with vinegar solution (after soaking a while).

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of nice gold, clean it however it works for you.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I asked same question about my gold quarzt drywashin hopper drop spy nugget
It was 106 gram total weight 2 oz gold content, apparently gold folks don't like to give banners.....
Probably another sign of the times....
Gt....
Give us a reference point for a picture for the find mentioned above GT. I, for one, don't recall seeing it.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give us a reference point for a picture for the find mentioned above GT. I, for one, don't recall seeing it.

I asked same question about my gold quarzt drywashin hopper drop spy nugget
It was 106 gram total weight 2 oz gold content, apparently gold folks don't like to give banners.....
Probably another sign of the times....
Gt....
I've posted massive nuggets through the years over 11 Oz's never a vote here's a metal detector find

Attachments

• Wow 001.JPG
    Wow 001.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 47

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Page 7 of my prospector journal, there's a blurry pic of it right where it fell off my drywasher.
The pic of it cleaned was removed by mods..
Only pics I had I deleted them from my phone just a memory now..
Gt.....

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've posted massive nuggets through the years over 11 Oz's never a vote
Never seen them probably would of voted for banner, still got pics ?
Doesn't really matter we don't get banner we got the thrill of the find, I was just making a point gold guys don't get bannered much...
Gt...

Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've posted massive nuggets through the years over 11 Oz's never a vote here's a metal detector find
Nice monster nugg, I'm doin that thread hijacking again seems like it's happening more often, Im gonna try keep my comments to myself..
Again nice nugget, a trophy for sure thanks for showing...
Gt...

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
This bunch I soaked overnight in Whink all day in muriatic the first photo is after the Whink. All day in muriatic cleaned a lot of the red out. I rinsed in clear water three times let it dry not weighed yet. Sure, looks rich I guess we should test a little. Before we bring in the heavy equipment lol.
fark.jpg

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No trash glass or tin one square nail so far.
Well usually I’ve found the depression era mines left lots of round nails. The nitroglycerin and dynamite seemed to be used from the 1880’s on and resulted in many pieces of blasting cap being found in the waste pile. The older black powder blasting methods would not leave a whole lot of indicators other than discarded powder cans down the hill. That’s my experience anyway. The older mines wasted more gold due to the lack of crushing equipment and a lack of water. It was a visual sorting by candlelight affair. It was also difficult to do controlled blasting, which resulting in the ore mixing with waste rock.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
told ya I'd update my nuggie soak in Whink for a week. No change whatsoever. I will say this tho....when I originally dug that nugg it was damn near black, almost threw it away thinking it was junk.....muriatic acid cleaned it up good first go round.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread