Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Plans dont always work out but the Gold we found metal detecting an old Gravel bar sure didnt disappoint !!!!
Me and Gary ( Two Toe's ) had planned to do some Hydraulic Pit detecting in one of our favorite spots but old Mother nature had other plans.
After a lot of discussion and a long drive we decide to Metal Detect an old Gravel Bar to see what Gold it might be hiding in its bedrock crevices.
This time plan B worked out pretty good !!!!!!

Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed the video

SG 034

Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, Jeff! That was fun.
Jim

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Always good stuff!

Jeff, give me your opinion of the older Goldmasters. I have a GM 2 (Pre Vsat) that I have 6", 10", & 14" coils for. It probably doesn't have 5 hrs total detecting time (I got it still in the unopened box from my brother in law who got it new & stuck it in his closet for 10+ yrs). I have a Gold Bug 2 that I have used for what little detecting I have done. I have found a few pieces with the GB 2 so I always grab it. How do you think the GM 2 compares?

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014

Plans dont always work out but the Gold we found metal detecting an old Gravel bar sure didnt disappoint !!!!
Me and Gary ( Two Toe's ) had planned to do some Hydraulic Pit detecting in one of our favorite spots but old Mother nature had other plans.
After a lot of discussion and a long drive we decide to Metal Detect an old Gravel Bar to see what Gold it might be hiding in its bedrock crevices.
This time plan B worked out pretty good !!!!!!

Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed the video

SG 034

Love the videos you and Gary put out.!!
Thank you

OP
OP
Smithsgold

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good stuff!

Jeff, give me your opinion of the older Goldmasters. I have a GM 2 (Pre Vsat) that I have 6", 10", & 14" coils for. It probably doesn't have 5 hrs total detecting time (I got it still in the unopened box from my brother in law who got it new & stuck it in his closet for 10+ yrs). I have a Gold Bug 2 that I have used for what little detecting I have done. I have found a few pieces with the GB 2 so I always grab it. How do you think the GM 2 compares?

The Gold Master 2 and Vsat and Gold Master 3 are all very similar not much changed with them except a few things to make them a little bit more user friendly !!! Gary still runs his GM 3 if you know how to ground balance them then there great but there not easy to learn all very good machines. the VLF does have a had time with highly mineralised ground but it will find small gold !!!!! Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions