Gold Rattler thoughts?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the concept but feel that you could lose too much concentrate from vibration. I'm old school with methods of trammel and sluice, but give it a shot!

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's using one of the Tsurumi 3600gph pumps, I use the Johnson pumps myself... I have 2 of the 2000gph pumps on my Gold Fox Extreme, one for the spray bars and one for the entry chute. Jonson also sells a 4000gph pump. I've never used the Tsurumi pumps but they are expensive...

This video has the pump -

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the concept but feel that you could lose too much concentrate from vibration. I'm old school with methods of trammel and sluice, but give it a shot!
I agree, I mean we have a claim where this will work and it looks like a great machine. For me it's kind of like apples to oranges, my little Gold Fox extreme with the Dream Matt is a great running machine that I can run on solar with 1 - 2000gph pump, or off of my old Honda 2000i generator with 4000gph of water. It runs around $1250.00 new, I bought mine used for $750 or there abouts. I use a 3 tub system that works great for me, but this Gold Rattler, for the right area, where it can be towed into looks great.
I think Allen has a great system, but if I'm going to haul in 150 gallons of water to run all weekend, my little extreme will also run all weekend on a lot less water., but I'm using siphons and baffles to keep my water clean, where his system is a lot more thought out and I'm sure runs cleaner water then mine. I've used vibration before and when it's set up properly, it really helps traps the gold.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that I really like his dewatering system. His cleans the water down to -200mesh, where mine is just set up to hit -50mesh after the 2 main tubs. Also, the way he set up the 5 gallon buckets to hold the slimes is genious. Once again, one of my mining partners has pre-ordered one of Allens Gold Rattlers, but for now my Old Gold Fox Extreme is still set up and running fine.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second video shows that if you had the time like camping for a week or more. You could have a nice pile of gold it takes a while to set up properly. Oh, you also need a claim with gold lol. Another question what's the cost?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is good information that almost anyone can use. The sand traps comes to mind.
Some fabrication ideas are to be found as well.

If some don't like the cost there is still some useful information.
Thanks for pointing out.

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second video shows that if you had the time like camping for a week or more. You could have a nice pile of gold it takes a while to set up properly. Oh, you also need a claim with gold lol. Another question what's the cost?

That's the main reason for buying it for us. He will be living down on the claim in another month. There is a running well already to go with good drinking water, so we have water from the well, from the Hassayampa river at times or we can truck water in from my place. We have 3 of the IBC totes and more if needed and water is $1.00 per 1000 gallons here at the house, so cost isn't an issue

Paz

May 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the main reason for buying it for us. He will be living down on the claim in another month. There is a running well already to go with good drinking water, so we have water from the well, from the Hassayampa river at times or we can truck water in from my place. We have 3 of the IBC totes and more if needed and water is $1.00 per 1000 gallons here at the house, so cost isn't an issue
I think this thing is going to serve you guys really well. It seems like a perfect scenario from availability of water, partner living on the claim and the machine itself being able to be run by one person. Just need some gas, food, lounging chair and a cold beer. If you ever post any videos of you guys running it shoot me an email so I can find it wherever you post it. I’d love to hear how it works out running full time as well. [email protected]

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks like Allen & I have some things in common , My name is "Alan" We both like Gold mining I made a gold classifier screen set back in 2010 & I called it a "Rattler" gold sizing screen set , Sold about 100 stopped selling them about 4 years ago lack of interest , If I had water around here & a claim I would have built something like that , Good job .
This was my Rattler =https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/rattler-gold-screens.589304/

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to go down and meet with Allan, who invented the Gold Rattler and I have to say that this is the most impressive piece of equipment that I have seen in a long time. I put together a short video -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread