Gold reef under an alluvial cut

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, thought I would share this. On one of my claims we had previous workings by a mining company who were mining alluvial gold with an excavator and a wash plant. They did not work for long there, they moved off saying the grades were not so good.

A couple of years later I decided to spend some time on the ground there and bingo found a huge reef, not the best grades but around 4g per ton but thanks to the ground being opened up, it is some of the easiest mining I have done. Check the size of the reef...(some of these are before and afters, think I had better fix one of my ball mills) 910F177D-5CC2-482A-99C9-D88A57369553.jpeg 34242B76-EC8F-4995-8470-BA295B6A61C9.jpeg 02BC7D01-007E-45D1-865D-A570B48D99EC.jpeg

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You pulling a decent profit at 4 gpt? How many tons are you moving a day?

At 4g per ton make around a gram per ton profit and another half gram profit or so when I treat the sands. Right now in full production im doing around 60-90 tons a day depending on the rock and breakdowns.

This is a low grade reef. I have other claims that produce, less tonnage but much higher grades. We are very small scale still.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At 4g per ton make around a gram per ton profit and another half gram profit or so when I treat the sands. Right now in full production im doing around 60-90 tons a day depending on the rock and breakdowns.

This is a low grade reef. I have other claims that produce, less tonnage but much higher grades. We are very small scale still.

Can you get some mill pics would like to see what a working 60 ton a day mill op looks like.
How many guys workin thats a lot of rock to mine n move n mill.
4 grm per ton paydays must be skinny for all .
Gt....

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you get some mill pics would like to see what a working 60 ton a day mill op looks like.
How many guys workin thats a lot of rock to mine n move n mill.
4 grm per ton paydays must be skinny for all .
Gt....

Here is a picture of my main production site, I transport the ore from the working claims to be milled at this site. I have another smaller mobile milling unit also consisting of 2 diesel powered hammer mills. You can see my ball mill and Small CIP plant on the left. Richer ore goes through the ball mill and straight into the CIP plant so the sands can be treated at the same time as the ore. I’m in the process of fixing up another ball mill for this site.
98902B13-7D1B-47CA-B745-D0340F9DD285.jpeg

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a picture of my main production site, I transport the ore from the working claims to be milled at this site. I have another smaller mobile milling unit also consisting of 2 diesel powered hammer mills. You can see my ball mill and Small CIP plant on the left. Richer ore goes through the ball mill and straight into the CIP plant so the sands can be treated at the same time as the ore. I’m in the process of fixing up another ball mill for this site.
View attachment 1609698

Is that an oldtimer mill site all the concrete remnants.
Gt...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread