Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in all their wisdom the city of Dalton tore down the old City Park School. The school had started life as a womens collage in the 1800's and then became a regular school, Later it was a magistrate's court. The last few years it stood empty. But bye the time I got back into town from work they had already tore it down and seeded the lot, So I moved over to the park where in the past yrs I'd found an Indian head penny a couple of silver dimes and a Gold ring that celebrated a young spanish girls 15th birthday. They have a word for that but at the moment it excapes me. Anyway after a memorial and a clad dime I got a deep signal that bounced between 8
and 16 at 6 inches, I just had to dig it and I'm glad that I did, At the moment I'm without a camera and did not have my phone with me
But this is what she looked like after I got her home and cleaned up a little, Think Ill go in the morning and let a jeweler friend look at it and see If I can get an age and value on her. Of course she won't be sold I don't sell anything I find and besides the wife lays claim to all jewelry as hers. Happy Labor Day to All. 10kt Gold and Ruby ring found in Park in Dalton,Ga..jpg

Upvote 5

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one beautiful ring ! Congrats Greg !
Glen

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now that sure makes a fine gift for the wife. I bet she will want you out more often after this one!! Congrats Greg nice looking ring. You must have hunted between the showers today
HH
TnMtns

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring! Do tell us how old it is when you find out.~~~ Looks like a genuine emerald.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The word you are looking for is Quinceanera. That is a beauty of a ring! I really want to know what the stone is.

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring , Greg , could of swore you said it was a Ruby on the phone , looks to be an Emerald in the pic though ........ I may be free tomorrow , maybe a little late though , gotta go collect some money and cash it .

Dave

ossi

Nov 3, 2011
Pannonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO INTERNATIONAL (Nel hunter)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring .Congrat .:icon_thumleft:
ossi

OP
OP
Gunrunner61

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all the nice words, The markings say it's 10kt, and I do think that it is an Emerald. I was using My 2nd generation MXT with the 9.5 coil
when I found it. Yup TnMtn I was dodging drops lol..............HH to all and I'll update as soon as I learn anything about this ring.

P.S. Found in a local Park here in Dalton,Ga.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gunrunner61

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:
Well It's not an antique, But it does have a little age on it (:icon_scratch:). The Emerald is real and he placed a value of approx. $300.00
Although the wife says it's not for sale lol ......................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread