GOLD RUSH ALASKA season 2

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
That's what I'm waiting for. The producers to vote them off the air for some real prospectors that have real equipment and skills to find the gold before the snow flies over the mining site for another cliff hanger.

I see enough drama with state agencies getting nitpicky with miners. Don't need to see miners getting nitpicky with each other.

Mining adds wealth to America. Drama adds poor entertainment to America. I want to see gold in the cleanup on each show with excitement of their finds. Not drama of broken down equipment and getting voted out of Porcupine Creek.

I wonder if their going to let the children drink the water again this year before they check the water source.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
placertogo said:
And no one in the group knew they needed a water diversion permit to mine in the Dawson, Y.T. area? Duh.
Pretty sure they said they applied for it and they didnt get it in time because the Governing body was flooded with applications?

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
placertogo said:
And no one in the group knew they needed a water diversion permit to mine in the Dawson, Y.T. area? Duh.
Pretty sure they said they applied for it and they didnt get it in time because the Governing body was flooded with applications?

Which leads me to wonder if they have a permit for the claim they just leased?
I suppose the claim owner already has a permit :dontknow:

10% off the top seems like a pretty good deal for both parties :icon_thumleft:
Of course 10% of nothing is still nothing :laughing7:

Hopefully the crew can get set up and find some gold this season before they get frozen out.

GG~

illumastorm

Jul 24, 2011
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
discovery 1,000
they made tons of money just being on this show, if not then this is the first show in history that the lead people did for free. they didn't care if they found gold, they were getting paid anyway! just look at all the building houses they did and spent more then half the time farting around instead of digging. it's no wonder they all are crying about having no money the way they do things. yea they might have to wait around some for the cameras to get set up to film but still it's just for entertainment.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night's episode #3

Thoughts:

(1) The Dakota Boys are even more green than the Hoffman crew.

(2) Watching the Hoffman crew is like watching the blind leading the blind. The only way they find gold is if it just happens to be where they dig.

(3) Parker Schnabel knows more about mining than the Dakotas and the Hoffman's put together.

Can't wait to see next week's show :tongue3:

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
The kid's been around the mining all his life so he should know more than the greenhorns..and then his grandpa puts him on the yellow.Put him in the California motherlode or Arizona outback with the basic equipment and gear and he'd do no better than anyone else.He's in a great position that any prospector,green or otherwise would love to be in.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave wiseman said:
The kid's been around the mining all his life so he should know more than the greenhorns..and then his grandpa puts him on the yellow.Put him in the California motherlode or Arizona outback with the basic equipment and gear and he'd do no better than anyone else.He's in a great position that any prospector,green or otherwise would love to be in.
Thats right Dave,I like the kid but he is already set up!Sure is a step up on the other guys

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know Why Fred didn't keep running the old trommel wash plant while he was waiting for the new equipment. Also it seems the Hoffmans are a little more relaxed and not so pissed off and fighting all the time. I know he had the falling out with his dad but recovered nicely.

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
It was a good move on Parker Schnable's part to offer the guys working for him 10%. He is already getting gold and wants to increase production. That 10% he's giving them will do the trick.
I think that crew will have a very profitable season.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.B. and Dylan said:
It was a good move on Parker Schnable's part to offer the guys working for him 10%. He is already getting gold and wants to increase production. That 10% he's giving them will do the trick.
I think that crew will have a very profitable season.

Not to mention their reality show pay from Discovery Channel :icon_thumleft:

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
I watch it , though I am not sure why. I am about to stop watching it. They could atleast capture more of the beutiful alaskan scenery for us guys who would give our eye teeth to be up there doing that , but no...all it is is a bunch of talk and arguing. And according to the show these guys keep bankers hours. They are well into mid morning by the time they finish breakfast and start work , then they stop in the evening hours before sunset. I wanna ask them if they are really up there to get some gold , or just on vacation ? I dont see the show lasting much longer , they took a great idea for a show.......tortured it , and then bored everybody to death with it. That producer/director should be fired.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
Season 2 episode 2 "Virgin Ground" Click on "continue as free user"

http://www.putlocker.com/file/AA51397EC6C7403E
:hello2: :coffee2:
Just watched #2, well done discovery channel. looking forward to watching this season. :icon_thumleft:
my prediction , fred the prik will get some gold but maybe double what the hofs got last year. he is staying away from the bedrock.
the kid will kick ass :icon_thumright: granpa put him in the gold he had in the bank, best thing he could do for gramps is keep him on as a consultant.
and the hofs will be Rollin in it within episode 5, after all, its in the script, they where given a site with little over burden in a area that has produced a billon nuggies.
looking good. :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just me or does the Old Man Hoffmans voice just grate on ya?? :icon_scratch:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave wiseman said:
It's all that snoose Mr.Kuger.....

.......everything he says sounds like he is whinning

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Season 2 episode 3 Hi Def!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Mikejts

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Whites
I have been to Alaska numerous times. Always spend time metal detecting. In less than a week I find more gold then these guys do all year. All I have is a metal detector. Still I can't resist watching it for all the drama and stupidity that happens. The young kid is going to do great. Smart move to use better equipment to find the gold that was missed years earlier. I find all my gold in Alaska in the tailing piles. Sure would like to detect around Dawson. Been there but not to detect.

Colorado Ghost towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com/
Plus a few from Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and the Yukon Territory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread