GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many repeats shows tonight, I believe the first season. Next Friday starts the new season.
Yes repeats shows today with a "Tease of the upcoming season".

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes repeats shows today with a "Tease of the upcoming season".
and next week's "new" episode will be a recap of last year and a preview of this year. Week two will be the start but it will take until week 3 to settle in to the nit & gritty

ratled

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The live kickoff is at 8pm and first show of season at 9pm eastern.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
and next week's "new" episode will be a recap of last year and a preview of this year. Week two will be the start but it will take until week 3 to settle in to the nit & gritty

ratled

And week four will be big fails week. First cleanups. There's no gold! If there is ...Breakdowns! Stupid stuff... Someone yelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And week four will be big fails week. First cleanups. There's no gold! If there is ...Breakdowns! Stupid stuff... Someone yelling.
Don't you know by now all you have to do is add a 1-3 min. clip and you can then call it "New" or the "Dirt" show........LOL:laughing7::tongue3:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The new season of "Gold Rush," the top-rated series on the Discovery Channel, begins with a March 2017 encounter between Todd Hoffman and Parker Schnabel, who are both attending a construction trade show in Las Vegas.

Hoffman, who's known for his optimistic predictions, announces that he's aiming to mine 5,000 ounces of gold in the new "Gold Rush" season, because now he's got "the best ground we've ever had."

"That's what you said last year," an unimpressed Schnabel replies.

Clearly, Schnabel has been paying attention. As any "Gold Rush" viewer knows, every season Hoffman -- who lives in Sandy, Oregon -- sets gold-mining goals some call ambitious and others call over the top.

True to form, the two-hour "Gold Rush" Season 8 premiere, which airs Friday, Oct. 13 on Discovery, features Hoffman again vowing that his crew will dig up 5,000 ounces worth of gold.

It's the same promise Hoffman made in Season 7, which was a whopping disappointment. Hoffman started the season leading his crew, which includes other men from Oregon, to a mine in Baker County, Oregon. That turned out to be a bust. After crew defections and assorted other problems, Hoffman moved his operation to Colorado.

The season ended with Hoffman falling far short of his 5,000-ounce goal, and Gresham's Dave Turin, long Hoffman's right-hand man, getting into a brawl with Trey Poulson, who was doing some work for the Hoffman team. When the season finale aired, Turin appeared in a special that looked back at Season 7. In a surprise announcement, Turin said he was leaving the show.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my DVR set! :occasion14:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those bars would weigh so much more than they mined. Probably not even real

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bars not real, contest to land rings on horns lame, hope the next 10 minutes give us some some reasons to watch the new season!!

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bars not real, contest to land rings on horns lame, hope the next 10 minutes give us some some reasons to watch the new season!!
May be just fun and games the first 2 shows before the mining gets going. Sounds like 100 ozs. on the line to get the fun and games going to lure people in.
Just have to wait and see.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had watch the show showing the interviews, but not interesting in watching the new show for 2 hours.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Head games.

I'm sure you will be updated on the latest fun and games for a few shows.....LOL:tongue3::laughing7:
Tossing metal rings on another head is just the start of the head games.....:tongue3::headbang:

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker has a new claim, I am not sure if he was told that there was water there or not. If not, then Parker have to pay Tony money for water with money or percentage of gold. Parker is a fool for not checking if the claim have water or not.

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found it funny that after making the bet with Parker, making the huge prediction of mining 5000 ounces and making a big deal about beating Parker this year, Todd instead of letting one of his long time experienced crewmen run the one wash plant, turns it over to his 18 year old son inexperienced son to run. I can't wait to see the failures that is going to lead to.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Considering the way Tony and Parker were acting towards each
other during the "live" show, my guess is that, once again, Tony
has Parker by the nuggets and is pleased with the outcome.

And IMO, no, Parker is not foolish enough to sign-off on the lease
without first checking his options for water. I think Parker and Tony
had already cut a deal on the water access, and what we saw in the
show was just made-up drama.

My guess is that Tony wants 5-10% of Parker's take on the new lease
for accessing the claim across Tony's land, and access to the water.

Let's see what happens.....8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread