Gold rush Expeditions . Any input?

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They're frauds. I did some assessment and sampling work at a claim the current owner purchased from GRE. Needless to say, their description of the claim ranged from stretching the truth to completely false. The shaft was described as "in excellent condition" and the manway ladder and skip rails as "appear[ing] in good repair". The shaft timbers are in very poor condition and technical rope work was required for safe descent. I'd have to replace about a third of the ladders and nearly all of the skip rails to utilize that shaft. And that's not even getting into the headframe...

I'm just glad it wasn't my money.

Yep. I know a few people who want to have a "friendly chat" with Corey next time they see him.

Georgia Placer

Aug 17, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2, vanquish 540, carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a SPICY thread!

Side note- I HATE “ flippers”. The same ppl that make bots and buy up all the x boxes so kids can’t get Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Georgia Placer

Aug 17, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2, vanquish 540, carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to them about buying a claim about a year ago. I felt like I was on a used car lot. The kicker was they required I think it was a 10% no refundable deposit to even sample any claims. They said if I didn?t like that claim I could put that money towards another one of their claims.
My initial instinct was that they?re crooks. And it seems I was right.
I ended up buying a claim from a guy advertising in ICMJ. It was undeveloped, but has turned out to be a good claim.
I?ve since learned how to research finding new claims better, and have located a few more that are as good or better.
All load claims by the way.

10% down to SAMPLE???

Yah... that guy is a POS. I can smell him from here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread