Gold Rush TV

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got home from elk hunting and drove thru Bourne, Oregon, a former rich gold mining district, during my hunt. There was maybe 50 people gathered around a flag pole for what looked like a meeting, some with hardhats. We thought it was a commercial mining operation, but something was wrong. They all had clean clothes on! On our way back down the mountain we stopped in Sumpter and a couple locals told us they were filming Gold Rush and they were getting gold. Couldn't see the operation, but it appeared to be right there at Bourne behind the flagpole. This is below where the Ghostmine show was filmed. I watch very little TV, but this may be something to check out. This is also in the freeze and snow zone so they must be shutting down at least for the winter soon. We had a couple nights down to seven degrees in camp last week. That's all I know, which isn't much! ha

Upvote 0

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very possible it was Fred Lewis's crew. He left Parker this year partially due to the virus, and went in search of his own mine in Oregon. His intent was to team up with other Vets and go in search of the yella . We'll see how it turns out.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wont air until next year. Takes that long to film and edit for programming.
They are always a year behind.

Crabs

Nov 19, 2014
Folsom, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, Fred Lewis and crew are on this years show which started last week.
Turns out his partner's Uncle is none other than Freddie Dodge, and Freddie is actively helping Fred get his wash plant set up and washing rocks in Oregon.
I don't think they said exactly where in Oregon, but looks like this is a pretty big clue as to where the claim is.

I've followed Gold Rush since it began, never was a big fan of Todd Hoffman and am very relieved that he's no longer part of the show. Wayyyyy toooooooo much drama. He sings pretty good though, he's got a few songs on Youtube.
Parker, hmmm...... always like seeing how much gold he gets, but sure get tired of him being a jerk. I wouldn't work with that guy for nothing.
Loves me my Tony Beets.
I'd work with the Old Viking, seems to me that if you do your job well and don't complain he'd be a pretty good guy to work for.
He might be Gruff and Salty around the edges, but I see a heart of Gold (double entendre intended).

'Crabs

Last edited:

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may actually lead into Freddy Dodge's new show as well. He has been working on a new show where they will be helping operators with their wash plants.

medusa

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been on for 2 weeks now on Gold Rush. He is mining in Oregon.

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wont air until next year. Takes that long to film and edit for programming.
They are always a year behind.

Correct, in fact if in Alaska they are shut down by now. But in Oregon unless law prevents it they can go longer so maybe what wildminer saw will show up at end of this season's show. Discovery is making a lot of bucks off of Goldrush, #1 reality TV show think with over 3 million viewers. Hence spin-off after spin-off. WhiteWater is my favorite. Overall think it is good, as gets more people wanting to gold mine so less likely to vote to end mining. Although the massive earth moving in Klondike might create opposition.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love White Water but it's so heartbreaking to see them put such an insane amount of effort moving tons of rocks only to find so little gold. What exactly are they doing wrong? Is it because it's already mined out?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I love White Water but it's so heartbreaking to see them put such an insane amount of effort moving tons of rocks only to find so little gold. What exactly are they doing wrong? Is it because it's already mined out?
That's NEVER GONNA HAPPEN ! Every year that stream will replace / move the gold when the rain / snow washing new deposit's down from above !

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's NEVER GONNA HAPPEN ! Every year that stream will replace / move the gold when the rain / snow washing new deposit's down from above !

They've already been dredging for 3 years and have only found around $60k worth of gold so far. Dustin said in one episode he's already spent over $200k already on the claim and equipment. Plus combine that with the salaries to pay for the crew members and it's not profitable at all unless Discovery Channel is paying them a lot of extra money. They're doing an insane amount of work for so little return.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP ,that's the draw to prospecting ! Just around the corner / Tomorrow I'll hit it / maybe I need a bigger dredge . and it keeps on going and drawing us in !! But if you cant pursue your dream ,what good is it !

Today is the day! I want the feast, the dessert, drinks, and ... a lap dance. :headbang:
How's that for dreamin' :laughing7:

Go for the Gold :3barsgold:
GG~

Last edited:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i say if i can buy lunch (mini feast) its a good day.if i find gas money its a great day,more than that,well, we will see
brad

Last edited:

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some math (right or wrong) Fred has been getting 10th of an ounce per 20 yards of dirt. My math says that's about 3 grams. My claim produces 1-3 grams per yard. Hmmmmm

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
You just can't believe what you hear / read on the internet to be totally true! A little drama can be spread all over and get better T.V. rating's so the sponsor's can enjoy selling their product's .

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not stop watching this show. The gold. Awesome. Vet in Oregon "new guy" Awesome.
Why are there no Gold Hog matting? Doc sells commercial stuff...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions